Chapter 2

Connie strutted into the ED, Carrying tons of paperwork. Jacob heard the now familiar click of her heels, which caused him to smile. "Need a hand sweetcheeks?" He smiled "Ms.Beauchamp." She replied bluntly, even though this name made her smile. "Well?" "Could you please carry those to my office." He nodded and took them to her office. "So no little one today?" "Quite clearly not." He could tell something was wrong, "Sweetcheeks? You okay?" She forcefully rolled her eyes, "Do you not have work to be getting on with?" "Probably. I don't think Rita likes me too much... what's wrong?" Connie took a seat after removing her coat, "Nothing Staff Nurse Masters." She sighed "You didn't correct me. Somethings wrong." He sat of her sofa "Did I say you could sit down?" She snapped, he stood up "Alright I get it." He sighed in defeat as he went to leave. "Jacob sit down." He turned on his heel with a smile he went and sat down.

"So what's this about Rita not liking you?" She spoke as she turned her computer on, "It's noting... What's wrong Connie." That irritated her, not in a bad way, she liked him calling her by her name or one of his pet names but, it annoyed her that she liked it and the fact he got away with it. "I told you." "No you told me a load of bull-" "Jacob nothing is wrong." "So why ask me to stay?" Connie bit her lip as she though of a excuse "I want to see how you were settling in." She looked to the door that swung open.

"How dare you walk out of our house!" Connie looked up "For a start it's my house." The other man haddn't noticed Jacob, he shut the door "Did you just answer me back?" He looked at her, Connie didn't say anything. "What do you say?" "Sorry Cal." She whispered "I don't think I heard that." "Sorry." She spoke louder. "So that is... eight." He smiled "Eight?" "Do I need to add more? Your brat of a kid went off on one that's why it's eight... I should think ten now." He smiled and walked out, Connie looked to her computer screen, "Connie?" "Ms.Beauchamp." She added quietly, "What was all that about?" "He's just mad I left without saying goodbye this morning." Her head still not moving from her computer, "No not that the whole eight and ten? Grace being a brat." "Nothing." "Lies." "Don't! Don't call me a liar." "Sweetcheeks talk to me." "I can't..." He frowned.

She looked at him "Just leave." She sighed "No." Cal walked back in "Also you best be home before three, I don't want to be left with that." He left again. "Please Jacob." "Not till you tell me what the hell is going on." "You don't know me!" He nodded "You're right but, I can see somethings wrong." "I can't tell you so it's pointless." "I want to help." "Yeah I know but, you can't." He stood up "I'm here if you need to talk Connie." "Ms.Beauchamp..." She watched him leave.

Why won't she just tell him, she wasn't safe nor was Grace. She knew he would help her or try his best too.