Chapter 1

"Connie." Charlie sighed as he stood in her office doorway, Connie haddn't heard, her eyes were watching her daughter as she moved from toy to toy. "Grandad!" Grace smiled as she noticed the older man, he smiled as he picked her up. "Did you want something?" Connie smiled, quite obviously stressed "The new nurse, starts in half an hour." Charlie smiled awkwardly, she sighed "Great just what I need." She rubbed her forehead. There was a knock on the open office door "Come in!" Connie called,Charlie placed Grace down and left. Grace came and sat upon her mothers knee as a dark, tall, muscular man entered the room.

"Um hi, I'm the new nurse." Connie haddn't looked at him "Name would help." "Oh sorry Jacob. Jacob Masters." He stuck is palm out for her to shake, "Mummy. Can I draw?" Grace smiled "Two seconds baby." Connie smiled at the younger girl, who was watching the Man, Connie looked at him she was shocked, "Um... Ms.Beauchamp." She smiled "Do I get a first name or not?" He smirked "Connie but it's Ms.Beauchamp." She glared "Alright, Alright I got you." He smiled. "So who's this?" Jacob smiled at the young girl, who snuggled into her mum "Grace..." She spoke quietly "Thats a loverly name." He smiled

A man walked in "Connie! How many times does this have to happen?" Sam yelled "Sam get out quite clearly I'm busy." Connie sighed "No! Grace is coming second to your job again." Grace clung to her mum "Can we please do this later? And don't you lecture me on her coming second, you barley see her from one minute to the next. Now go back to Darwin and do your job." "She shouldn't be here Connie." " I'm leaving after I've sorted this don't worry, saying that this is all an act as usual." Jacob stood observing the two, he found it quite funny until he noticed the younger girl crying, "An act! I love her-" "When was the last time you called Sam? You know nothing about her and you make no effort." "I didn't let her fall down the stairs." He spat, "Brilliant pulling on the heart strings there... I wasn't there-" "No but, your phone was off." "I was working! We have been over this." "She comes second to this job all the time Connie." "Yeah well on your list she is most definitely last unless it's to prove a point or make me out to be the bad guy."

Jacob looked at the pair "Look I don't know either of you but, to me arguing isn't going to solve it. Nor is shouting infront of your child from what I gather. Also she's crying." Jacob looked at Connie "Gracie...it's okay" Con in stroked her daughters hair "Let me-" "No Sam I think you've done enough, I asked you to leave so do it." Connie glared. "You are such a cold hearted bitch!" "Woah mate no need for that." Jacob frowned causing Sam to storm out.

Jacob proceed to take a seat "Can i wait here till my shift starts?" Connie looked at him still soothing her daughter "How long will that be?" "Eighteen minutes." He smiled, Connie is nodded as the little girl sat up "Why so you and daddy always shout?" "Sorry baby." Grace wiped her cheeks and nodded "Can we go now?" "Soon I promise." Grace went back to playing with her toys. She walked over to the man and looked at him, she passed him the a pink bear "Gracie leave the man alone." Connie smiled but, Grace ignored. "Will you play with me?" She smiled at the man, he nodded. Her tiny hands gripped a couple of his fingers as she tried to pull him over to her toys.

He took a seat on the floor. Connie watched, Grace hated strangers but, here she was giggling with one. She thought nothing of it and Continued to watch. She smiled as Grace let out a rather large giggle, Sam stormed back in causing Connie to sigh. "What?" "I'm leaving." "Finally." "Not just holby... I'm moving to America, Kerion needs me." Connie laughed "He barley knows you." "Yeah well he's my son." "That you walked away from." "I was seventeen Connie." "And now your a big boy who also has a daughter you keep forgetting about." "It's not like that-" "Yes it is now go." "I wondered if I could have her for a night or two before I go." "No. I'm glad your leaving. You were nothing but a sperm donor, until I let you get involved but, then you just messed her around." She looked at him "You cold hearted Bitch. Do you think this is easy? Choosing because it isn't." "You made your choice months ago." "What's that suppose to mean?" He looked at her "A few weeks back you promised her you would pick her up. You didn't turn up, she cried for two hours Sam. It's best you just leave and go now." "Connie I didn't-" "know? You never do just go!"

Sam left. "Jacob Masters I think it's time to start your shift." Connie smiled as she gathered her things, "Oh and thank you for playing with her." She smiled. Zoe over heard and was in shock Connie say thank you, Grace ran over "Zoeeee!!" She squeeled as she hugged her legs, leaving Connie to tidy the toys.

Connie picked everything up and took Graces free hand while the other held a white bunny. Jacob watched them leave, the stories he had been told about her in the past five minutes was not what he had seen in the past half an hour. She intrigued him, he wanted to know more. More than anything he wanted her to be his, he didnt know why but, he could tell she had been badly treated and he wanted to show her how she should be, that and she was gorgeous. Plus her daughter was cute.

"Staff Nurse Masters work." Connie looked at she walked noticing him staring "Sorry boss-" "Ms. Beauchamp" "Sorry... bye Grace." "Bye." She smiled before Continuing to walk.

She liked the look of him, he would fit the team perfectly but, she had this other feeling she didn't know why. She ignored it she only just met him this was stupid. Looks aren't everything, although she knew it was more than that making her feel that way she ignored it or tried her best. No time for all that boyfriend cheating stuff her job and Grace were all she needed or had time for.