Chapter 25 - The Ball is the end

• Dedicated to Everyone who has read this story and their continuing dedication to me. I am ver

“You dickhead.” I shout slapping Zero in the face. “You left me on the floor. I could have died!”      

               “But you haven’t. Takuma’s took care of you.” Zero bluntly puts not showing any emotion. I slap him again. He doesn’t move. Still the satisfaction is enough. I look up into those lilac eyes and see that he’s really upset about what he’s done. A little smile and shrug appear just before I wrap my arms around his neck. Zero doesn’t even hesitate to but his arms around me welling me up. True he’s a jerk and acts on instinct but he regrets a lot of it after, and leaving me there is the biggest he’s ever done. “I’m so sorry Chika. I promised you’d be safe and I blow it.” He whispers fixing my heart again.

             “I don’t mean to intrude but you two have business to do.” Ichiru coughs looking very serious.

               “What? You aren’t coming?” I ask unsure on the situation between the twins.

               “My brother’s duty is done he may go back to Sara.” Zero nods.

               “Seriously, your going back to her?”

               “Chika, I need pureblood blood to survive. She is just my nurse. I do all my dirty work for Zero. I get information for him because I’m in the network.” Ichiru proudly smiles putting his plain mask back on. He dusts himself off and sets his tie straight before vanishing into the shadow. For a human he really knows how to be use the darkness! But then he was taught to be a vampire hunter and he can use a Kantana so he’s a ninja. Cool.

               I glance down to Takuma at my feet to see he hasn’t moved, hasn’t even blinked. I can’t even see his chest move up and down. Tears prick the surface as I crash to the floor sobbing. Takuma can’t be dead, he’s a vampire. The wooden shards didn’t even hit his heart. “Takuma, wake up.” I whisper pulling out the wood. Squelch noises spurt out of his blooden soaken body making me want to throw up everytime I pull one out. Minutes pass and Genius doesn’t come round. He just lies there unmoven. “Takuma wake up.”

               “Chika, it takes time. He has to heal and he’ll have to drink. Unfortuantly he’ll have no choice but to drink vampire blood.” Zero comments, pointing to the heap that was Marceau. I stay put next to Takuma wanting so badly for him to wake or to move so I know he isn’t dead. “Chika…” Zero sighs and takes me by the arms. I kick and scream for him to let me go but I’m no match for him so I give in. Annoyingly, he’s not trusting me so puts me over his shoulder like in ‘Shrek’.

               “I promise you Takuma, I will avenge you.” I whisper before I’m out the door.

               The night here is beautiful. There isn’t any light pollution hiding the stars that twinkle down on us. They watch and see everything up there that I hope when someone dies that is where they go. Making sure that nothing goes wrong for the ones they love and that they have the best possible life they can have whether its always or a little pieces at a time. Here, I hope that my mom has made things for the better and that when I’m with Zero it will be the best times of my life.

               Zero gently sits me down in his car, that looks very snazzy. A red old VW bettle that looks brand new. The whole exterior shines from Takuma’s house and the full moon while the interior is a cream leather or little wood lightening the car beautifully. I’ve always wanted a small car like this one.

               “Chika, I got you this.” Zero quickly says clearly not sure on how to speak. We wouldn’t want his mysteriousness uncertainty to disappear now, would we? I take the box to see a vivid blue rose. Just a rose. I pick it out of its clear coffin to see its beauty in its glory. It reminds me of the rose Aido made from ice but this is perfect and smoother. The rose doesn’t have a stem or leaves but is attached to a clip.