Chapter 11 - Whats going to happen to him

“Ichiru, turn down the music?” I yell at him as we dance around the penthouse. Stupidly I let him get out the vodka we had stored in the kitchen. I haven’t had any but I know my dad will notice it missing and blame me, so why aren’t I having any if I’m going to get in trouble? Yet I look over to him and see the bottle is completely empty. Great.

“Make me, Chika Chika Chika.” He laughs, turning it up even more. I dance over to the stereo as it’s my favourite song, ‘Ballad of Mona Lisa’ by Panic! At The Disco.  It’s not the easiest thing to dance to but who cares. I turn down the music just as Ichiru reached me. “Hey, chillax Chika. Nothing’s going to happen. No one’s here to hurt you.”

He smiles at me and I do back. That was so sweet. I feel myself relax as I usual expect someone to hurt me. Physically and/or verbally.  Always have and I always will but when he said that it felt like my worry had been lifted because it’s true, not everyone hurts me. Man do I need to get a grip on my life and stop getting paranoid. Hopefully, I’m getting a life every second I’m with these vampires, showing me there is hope in the world as they can live in this world so why can’t I?!

Ichiru grabs my hand as the slower song of Panic! At The Disco comes on, ‘Always’. “No. I’m not slow dancing.” I protest, trying to get my hand out of his but he has a tight grip, but then I am kind of weak.

“Chika, it’s only a dance it doesn’t mean anything.” He smiles, putting his hands on my back bringing me towards him.

“But I can’t dance.” I object again, getting out of his grip. As usual, no one has asked me to dance especially slow dance. I’ve watched films and read about it in books but I’m sure it’s never what it’s made out to be. It’s like when you have a wish or a dream and it comes true but when it does it doesn’t feel like the way you wanted it to. Just a big disappointment.

“Why will you not dance with me?” He snaps. His stupid, silly drunk self now becoming a mean one, which is never a good thing.

“Because the song has now finished.” Which is true, “And I want my first slow dance to be special. To mean something for me and the guy.”

“How do you know you’re straight even though you haven’t had a boyfriend?” He nastily puts it. I know I haven’t but that doesn’t mean I don’t think guys are hot. I’m one of those girls that check guys out and comment but never actually date them. You know why? Because no one is interested in me. I’m used to it but man do I feel lonely and pitiful.

I feel my eyes start to water as I thought Ichiru understood me like Takuma but obviously he is worse than Zero in his nastiness. I start to open my mouth to throw him out but someone knocks on the door.

It’s Zero and I’m guessing I’m looking upset and pissed he says, “You weren’t expecting me around?”

“You just appear most of the time Zero.” I smile, glaring slightly. If Zero’s up and about that must mean Rima will be around soon. I hope she hurries up because I don’t know how my dad would react with three people in the house when he gets home. I doubt he’d ‘punish’ me while they’re there but then he could when I get back alone. Or he may do nothing at all? But then who am I kidding? My dad hit me once because I wanted to invite a friend over when I was six, he kept saying every morning, ‘Things aren’t meant to have friends or acquaintances’ and stupidly I believed him.

“May I come in?” I nod and walk over to let him in. “I was planning on giving you the mask you need for this ball but it has seem too been misplaced but I’ll get another one.”

“I don’t think you’ll need to do that.” I admit, “Your brother gave it to me.”

“When?”

“Today. He’s been here all day.” I frown, wondering why he’s being so ‘questionative’. Wasn’t it only yesterday when he had a go at me for telling him to know where his brother was? “Why are you being so …. So… this?”

“Great words, Chika.” He laughs, still glaring. Zero pushes past me and walks into his brother. They are the same height, eye colour, face structure. It’s hard to tell them apart so don’t blame me, it’s hard. The only little difference is that Ichiru’s hair is longer but that’s nothing obvious. “Ichiru why are you here?”

“I came to see Chika, brother.” He spits back appearing out from the kitchen. Now they look even more alike, both glaring at each other. I go into the kitchen and get a bag of popcorn out as this could be very entertaining. Don’t judge me, if people are having a fall out its amusing and you can’t have popcorn at a film so why not at something as good?! I sit on the kitchen chairs and nod for them to continue. They stare at me blankly as I sit there chopping away at the ‘low fat’ popcorn. “Is that a problem?”

“Yes it is.” Zero replies, making me choke on the popcorn I just put in my mouth. I must have heard it wrong as no one cares for me, least of all Zero. The guy, who always scowls, snaps and shouts at me for being me. I’ve totally got it wrong.

“Why?”

“Because you cause trouble brother and I need Chika to be here for this Vampire Ball.”

“I’m sure a professional vampire hunter like you doesn’t need a pathetic human like Chika.” Ichiru comments.

“Did you just call me pathetic?” I ask, getting off my chair. I’ve taken crap all my life from my dad and fellow class ‘mates’ but never by a person who I only met yesterday. I’ve been nice and considerate today but now he just shoves all my generosity in my face. Ichiru you better be prepared for what you may release.

“I’m sure I’m not that only one that’s called you that before?” He glares.

“Actually … no one has.” I glare back, telling the truth. People have called me many things, worse than what Ichiru has, but pathetic just sums everything up perfectly. It’s like he’s the bully that has been missing from my life. He picks words that offend me because he’s clever unlike the Dicks who just know swear words and ‘How about me and you some time?’. If that gets them far, the person who came up with that should be paid for how many times it works.

“Well I guess I’m in the wrong.”

“You so fucking are.” I snap. “I gave you all my sympathy and generosity but you repay me saying I’m pathetic. How low can you get?”

“Not as low as you Chika. You let your Dad beat you up and you even let me back even when I sold my family to a pureblood. How stupid are you?”

“GET OUT!” I shout, pushing him, but he doesn’t budge. Doesn’t flinch or twitch.

“See what I mean. You can’t even move a human, how are you going to move a vampire?”

“With another vampire.” Zero says stepping in between me and Ichiru.

“Oh crap,” Ichiru mimics being scared. “I’m shitting my pants with that threat brother.”

“Listen to me brother. Leave now before I regret something.” Zero grumbles, his eyes turning red.

“God Zero, how lame is your threats?” Ichiru snickers, walking towards the door, “Even Chika isn’t scared of you and she’s a fucking wimp who has no life. Get over yourself brother and stop worrying about more pathetic people than you.”

Zero, seriously pissed, grabs the ‘Bloody Rose’ and shots at Ichiru …

......................................................................................................................................

Cliffhanger.

teehee, I feel so evil. And as you can tell I love Panic! At The Disco.

I know it isn't as long but I wasn't sure how to get rid of Ichiru. :D