Enamor Me

~-T-~

I shifted uneasily on my feet, taking deep breaths. I attempted to straighten my clothes with the one free hand that I had. The other, held on tightly to a makeshift bouquet of flowers that I had picked with the help of Newt.

"Slim it, Tommy. You're going to kill the flowers if you grip them any tighter." Newt chuckled, but I replied only with a glare. Saying that I was nervous was an understatement. The little confidence that had convinced me to do this was dwindling fast.

"Thomas, there she is. This is your chance. You know that if you don't make a move now, Jeff or Gally might make a move. Make her yours before one of those shanks do. Now go." Newt pushed me forward, causing me to slightly trip over my feet that weren't exactly moving correctly due to my anxious state.

"Hey, Thomas." She chuckled softly after my little stumble. I righted myself and almost dropped the flowers. This girl had me jacked in the head, I swear. It was impossible to describe the way she made me feel. When I thought about her, my heart would thunder in my chest, and make me unstable on my feet. Her smile, to me, was the thing lighting up the Glade instead of the sun because it was the thing that brightened up my day. She made me feel all these cheesy, cliche feelings that I never think that I would feel in a place like the Glade.

I scrambled to hold onto the flowers, so I tried to get them out of my hands as fast as I could. I held them out mumbling, "These are for you."

I could feel warmth overflowing, surrounding my heart as she smiled, "They're beautiful. Thank you, Thomas." I could feel my cheeks flush as she leaned forward, pressing a soft kiss on my cheek.

My voice was surprisingly steadier than I expected as I asked the one thing I was really here to ask, "Do you want to hang out sometime just the two of us?" I knew that it was starting to show how nervous as I was, much to my dismay, but I tried to keep myself composed as I waited for her answer.

"It's a date." She smiled, before her attention was caught by Frypan asking her to help prepare dinner.

Once she was out of sight, I turned back to where Newt was picking tomatoes and gave him a big thumbs up. A smile lifted up Newts mouth and he called out, "Tonight we celebrate!"