Out Of My Fingertips

~-T-~

"Y/N!" Gally screams. He's waving you over to the Box, but what he can't see is a huge Griever right behind him.

"Gally, there's a Griever behind you!" I cry. You hear profanities shoot from his mouth as he quickly closes the doors. You around you. In every which way, a Griever is attacking a teenage Glader. Fires are erupting all over the place. The only safe place is the...is the Deadheads.

Your feet are moving before your mind can even think about it. You've never been in the Deadheads and you don't know what could be waiting in there, ready to rip your head off.

Gally's POV

As soon as I hear the Griever behind us run away, I jump out of the box, screaming and yelling Y/N's name, trying to find her. I see a flash of her hair, and the next thing I know, she's in the Deadheads.

"Y/N!" I call her name one more time, but I don't know if she even heard it. I follow her quickly, dodging flames and a couple needles of Grievers.

I hear a scream. Her scream. No.

"Y/N!" I yell, the word ripping my throat to pieces.

"Gally!" I hear her cry, and my heart almost stops, They've got her.

I run deeper into the mass of trees and there she is, laying on the ground, helpless. She's bleeding.

She was my best friend, my partner in crime. She was the only one who agreed with me that Thomas was up to no good. The was the only one who listened. She was my other half. And now she's here, in my arms, dying.

"Gally," she says, looking at my eyes. Her last words are only whispers, but they will ring in my head for the rest of my life. "I love you."

And she slips away, right out of my fingertips. She's gone.

A sob rips from my chest, and then another. Pretty soon, I'm heaving up my dinner's contents. I can't fathom being gone without her. The thought makes me sick.

There's a Griever needle stuck in her heart, the same needle that ripped a hole in mine, emotionally. I gently lay Y/N on the soft earth and pull the torture device out of her chest. It makes a sickening, slurping sound. I see Newt in the corner of my eye.

"Gally, no!" he calls just as the needle enters my own heart, taking me to find Y/N again.