Goodbye

~-M-~
{Me, I wrote this}

*Triggering*

It's been two days since that Tereasa girl showed up in that shuck box. But it only took two days for Newt to fall for her. Even though he won't admit it, I could tell by how he looks at her.

All the compassion, and persistence were gliding across his eyes whenever he looked at her. I wish he would look at me like that. But I know he thinks of me as a best mate, nothing more or less.

I was still doing my job in the map room while I thought about my relationship with Newt. Just as, Minho walked in, he had a big smile on his face and slowly walking towards me with his hands behind his back. From that I already knew something is going to go wrong.

"Hey Y/N, how are you and blondie?", 'Blondie' was the nickname for Newt since he the only blonde headed freak in the Glade, well besides Ben, but...um, yeah.

"Um...good" I responded trying to hide the teetering shake in my tone, "That sounds more like a question Y/N" Oh, shuck, "Come on Y/N admit to amends already, I know you like Newt, actually the whole Glade "

Minho dramatically yelled, "And to think you would never be able to be more of a shuckhead, oh how I was wrong" I answered trying to save the subject.

"Stop contemplating and admit it Y/N, do it for me Y/N" He said bowing down on his knees and pouting while clamping his hands together. "Please, Y/N, please" He whined. God he was annoying.

"If I tell you, will you shut your mouth?" I asked showing off an aura of irritation,  "Yes, please" Minho said politely while getting up from his knees. "Fine, I...i, um, I really like Newt" I stuttered. Minho silently cheered while dancing around like a complete slop head.

"But, I doubt he likes me, he probably likes Tereasa" I continued in a sad tone. "Well, Y/N, you never know, he may like you", I seriously doubt it. After a while of protesting and bickering with the sass master. I headed to my cot, in the southwestern part of the glade, near the Deadheads.

But, suddenly as I lay a foot on my hammock, I hear a large moan traveling through the air. As curios as I am, I slowly creep towards the inflating sounds and keep my head down from sight.

I got closer and closer, the moans became louder than ever before. As I stop in front of the bush, I wish I would've ignored the strange sounds. It was Tereasa, on top of Minho. I quickly gathered myself and scrambled running towards my cot, desperately wanting to erase that image in my head.

From that moment, I knew Tereasa wasn't good enough for Newt.

~

It's been two days since, I saw the event that occurred in the deadheads. But, it was more awkward when I had to run with Minho, knowing he had Tereasa disease.

Today's the day I would appoint Newt about this...Issue. I walk across the glade to the council, knowing Newt would be there. I skimmed inside the door and faced Newt's back. Damn, even his back was hot.

"Sorry, love, I didn't see you", yeah like you would ever notice. I grimaced against that thought and continued the expression serious.

"Um, it's ok. Newt, I have a question" I stated trying a different approach, "Sure, ask away" Newt playfully said, with a faint but still cute smile, "Um..., how do you feel about Tereasa?", at the sound of Tereasa's name, his eyes lit up. I knew I didn't have a chance.

He spent at least and hour talking about Tereasa, and how beautiful she is and how she was sweet and loving.

Man, I'm knew I was never good enough. Why would people lie to me about Newt?. They probably just want me to go away. They don't care about me.

I'm just invisible...fine, I'll give them what they want. They want me gone, so be it.
I've been planning this since I came here, but Newt helped me avoid it.

Now since Newt's not here to shield me from hurt, I might as well, expose myself in hurt.

"Hey...um, Newt I gotta go help...um, Frypan, yeah Frypan clean the dishes, so yeah, bye" I hug him tight knowing it was the last time I would feel his warmth.

I walk away with my head down trying to prevent the tears that are threatening to drizzle down my cheeks. I head to my cot and write a note, including notes for Newt, Alby, Chuck, Thomas, Minho, and surprisingly Tereasa.

After I'm done, I head in front of the maze doors, taking a look of what home use to be, and ran inside before anyone could see me.

'Goodbye world, Goodbye Glade, Goodbye Newt...I belong in the Shade'