Kiss Me

×~T~×

"Hey, Newt, you think you can do me a favor?"

You jog over to him and he halts.

"Hey, Y/n, what's up?"

He attempts to rub the sleep out of his eyes. Clearly it's been a really long day for him managing the fields.

You pace back and forth and when you finally pluck up the courage to speak up.

"You know how I like Minho, right?"

"Yeah, Y/N." He chuckles, "Pretty much the whole Glade knows. Minus Minho."

"Well...um...I was wondering if maybe you could help me out..."

"What with exactly?"

His eyebrows knit together and you sigh.

"Well, I was wondering if maybe...you know I could practice...kissing with you?"

He looks at you slightly stunned but quickly shakes it off.

"Well I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea...I mean I could use the practice too."

You look at him and wiggle your eyebrows.

"Someone has a crush on the new girl Greenie, eh?"

His face flushes bright red and he nods.

"Yeah...she's gorgeous. I mean not that you aren't, but it's just like I'm drawn to her.

I'm just too bloody scared to make a move. What if I'm not a good kisser?"

"Well, lets go to the Deadheads now and test it out?"

You two move quick to a secluded spot. You could feel the nerves radiating off of Newt as he stands awkwardly with his hands in his pockets.

"So you're going to make the first move, Newt. The first thing you're going to do to her is take one of your hands and wrap it around her waist."

He does as he's told, resting a hand on your waist. You take his other hand and place it so that he's cupping your cheek.

"The Greenie is probably going to like it if you press her close to you also. You know so she can feel you fully. Make her feel safe. Then your just going to press your lips to hers."

He slowly leans in when you hear a ruffle of leaves and the sound of foot steps scurrying off in the opposite direction.

"Hold on Newt I think someone saw us. Let's go."

You run back and see a very upset Minho killing the fire for the night.

"Minho..."

"What do you want?"

You could tell by his tone that he was hurt.

"Were you just in the Deadheads?"

"Why? Hope I didn't interrupt something between you and Newt."

You rest your hand on his arm and he peers up at you. You can see that he is near tears. There is a sudden ache in your chest that tells you that your previous plan was

probably not the best.

"Minho, I really like you." You blurt out, "I was in the Deadheads with Newt because we both wanted to practice kissing. We don't like each other or anything.

Not in that way I just trust him enough to give me some input. And he trusts me with mine since he does like the new Greenie. I know it was stupid but I just want it to be perfect for the first time I actually get a chance too..."

Your rambling was cut short when Minho's lips connected to yours. His lips were soft and one of his strong arms wrapped around you, securing you in place as he deepens the kiss.

You let your hands run through his hair and you can' help but feel breathless when he finally pulls away.

"Ever since you came out of that schucking box I've wanted to do that."

You smile and lean up to kiss him again.