Life

~-R-~

How You Met

(Your Point of View)
I peered over the edge of the box trying to catch a glimpse of the new Greenie but was shoved back by our 'leader' Alby. He wasn't much of a leader; more just a real pain in the backside if you ask me. "Oi! Watch it!" I yelled angrily, absolutely loathing the fact that he assumed he was better than everyone else, especially me. He glared at me as I copied him before he turned back to the box and ordered some people to help the poor shank out.

I noticed that someone had stepped on my shoelace causing it to come undone so I squatted down tying it back up, this time in a double knot before climbing to my feet again. Once I was up straight I noticed the green bean standing right in front of me. He was a peculiar looking one to be completely honest. Not that I'm saying he was bad looking, just... unique. But I had to give it to him.

His eyebrow game was strong. I snapped out of my eyebrow analysis and gave him a smile as he said, "Alby told me that you had to show me around".
"Of course he did. Follow me", I replied knowing that Alby was familiar with my hate for showing the new kids around, but for once I didn't really mind. This shank seemed reasonably nice. "The name's (Y/N) by the way. How 'bout you Greenie?" I inquired as we started the tour around the Glade. "Gally", he answered as I nodded my head in response.

Throughout the tour I realised that this Gally kid was actually pretty cool not to mention his body was pretty smokin' too. "So where do I sleep?" he questioned breaking me out of my thoughts. "You can sleep with me", I replied immediately aa he raised one of his mighty fine eyebrows "I-I meant like y-y'know you can sleep where I s-sleep like n-near me and stuff!" He chuckled at my pathetic answer as I blushed and started walking off to where we would settle down from the night.

First Kiss:
A year later
Ever since Gally became 'The Keeper of the Builders' I kept asking him if I could lend a hand since all the other jobs were unbelievably tedious or just plain weird. Like seriously who actually likes killing animals?!?!? Creeps, that's who. "Pleeeeeeeeeeease", I whined, "everything else is so boooring!" Gally shook his head, his arms crossed and started to walk away, speaking strictly "No (Y/N)".

I shot daggers at his back, having enough of this nonsense. "YOU DON'T THINK I'M GOODENOUGH DO YOU??!?!? YOU THINK I'M WEAK AND WON'T BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING!!!!" He turned back to face me, nostrils flaring, a deadly expression adorning his features. "YOU'RE RIGHT!!! YOU ARE WEAK AND YOU'RE GOOD FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! YOU'RE TOTALLY WORTHLESS AROUND THE GLADE! ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, ALWAYS WILL! NOW WHY DON'T YOU GO BACK TO COOKING OR CLEANING OR WHATEVER YOU PATHETIC WOMEN ARE GOOD FOR!!!" he screamed raising a fist threateningly.

Complete and utter shock coursed throughout my body as I stepped backwards tripping over a rock in the process as I fell to the floor. I could see the obvious realisation hit Gally like a tidal wave as he recognised what he said to me. His expressions softened as he looked at me on the ground. I scrambled backwards as he took a step towards me. "S-stay away from m-me", I whispered, tears streaming down my face before clambering to my feet and running off into the forest. Once I reached my destination I leaned my arms against a rough barked tree attempting to catch my breath.

I stood up straight just staring at the tree in front me before I started to punch it repeatedly. My breathing was once again ragged as all the anger, hurt and vulnerability rushed through my fists and into the tree. I heard loud footsteps behind me yet continued to pound my knuckles into the poor tree suffering my wrath. I was suddenly pulled into someone's chest as I resumed my relentless sobbing. I peered up to see Gally gazing down at me, his face masked with pain, regret and sorrow.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N) I didn't mean absolutely anything I said. You are amazing and helpful and really really really tough. I just wanted to keep you safe. A lot of people get hurt when we build stuff and..."
"And what?" I asked growing more curious by the second. "I-I didn't want any of the other guys staring at you".

I gawked up at him shocked struggling to decipher if he was telling the truth or not, before standing on my tiptoes and kissing him. It was like nothing I had ever experienced before. Forget fireworks, there was a shucking bomb inside my stomach. We pulled away smiling before a concerned expression flashed across his face as he noticed my bleeding knuckles, grabbing my hands gently. "Come on, let's get these patched up".