Preggo

~-T-~

"Newt, c'mon, please, just a little farther," you cried out as your boyfriend leaned the majority of his weight against you. Being ambushed by a Griever hadn't been the way you'd planned your day to go. You managed to get away pretty okay, but Newt, on the other hand, was finding it hard to stay conscious. He hadn't been bashed up as much as he could've been, but he had been hit over the head pretty hard.

You dragged him along as fast as you could, but you knew it wouldn't be enough to get you both back before the doors closed.

When you finally managed to get there, your worst nightmare became a reality. They were already closed. The giant crack in the wall going straight up to the top did nothing to ease your nerves.

You pulled Newt's arm off your shoulders and slowly placed him down against the wall beside the door. Afterwards, you sat yourself down on the opposite wall so that you were facing him.

He looked tired, but slowly regaining his senses. "You okay?" you said grimly. In retrospect, it probably didn't matter if he was okay or not, because you were both going to die anyway. Actually, all three of you were.

"Just tired," he mumbled, giving you a weak smile. Then, the smile disappeared and he looked at the ground sadly. "We're gonna die, aren't we?" he asked.

You nodded your head slowly. "Probably."

"You should've left me."

The words came out of your mouth before your brain even had a chance to filter them. "Why would I want to leave the father of my baby?" you asked. Newt's eyes widened, and as soon as you finished talking, yours did too. "That was horrible timing," you said.

"You're pregnant?" he asked in a daze. You nodded meekly and looked at the ground.

"Y- You should've told me! You shouldn't have been running today at all!" he said exasperatedly. You shrugged. What could you do now? A hard look came over his face, and for a moment, you thought he was mad at you for not telling him. But then you noticed how he looked more determined than angry. "We're getting out of here alive. I don't care what it takes, we're having that baby."