Run Baby Run!

~-T-~

You started the day like any other. Got up, ate breakfast, and packed your stuff for a day of running in the maze. You were partnered up with Minho and it's been this way ever since you were assigned to be a runner which was almost a year ago now. You didn't mind running with him, it gave you two time to get to know each other. You started off not knowing who he was at all, but this opportunity gave you the chance to spend more time with him and you ended up becoming really close friends. He always bugged you, pestered you and argued with you though, you just assumed that was his way of showing you that he cared about you.

But today was different.

When you started running into the maze, he hadn't said a word to you. Not a glance, not a shrug or the usual sarcastic look he gave after you made a bad joke. It was like he didn't even notice you were there. It was your turn to map the maze, everyday you'd switch, which means you had to draw out the map as well.

About an hour into running, when you had stopped to write a note about the moving walls, you glanced over at him as you caught your breath.

"Hey shuck face!" You almost shouted. Minho glanced up at you like he heard you, but his face had no trace of his usual demeanour. You'd only caught his attention. "What's the matter with you today? You're quiet." You said.

"Nothing. Let's just get through the maze and get this over with." He spoke.

"Okay, fine." You sighed. He started up a slow jog and went ahead of you. What was his deal? He was acting like a jack ass and wouldn't say a word to you. You shrugged it off and followed him.

Even lunch was quiet. The only words exchanged between you two was your earlier conversation when you were taking notes. You kept looking at him, every time you did he had the same look on his face. It wasn't anger, or hatred, or annoyance. You couldn't pinpoint it and it was driving you crazy.

When it was finally time to go back to the Glade, you were relieved. You couldn't wait to get out of this maze and away from grumpy Minho. The two of you jogged up to the map room and you pulled open the big metal door, going in first before him. You grabbed a piece of mapping paper and a dull pencil and began mapping the route. You glanced over at Minho every few moments to see him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, looking anywhere but at you. You had finally had enough and slammed your pencil onto the table, getting his attention.

"Okay. What is your problem?" You snarl.

"Nothing, let's just-"

"Get this over with?" You cut him off, repeating his earlier words. You put your hands on your hips. You were fuming. "Minho if you don't want to be here then just leave! I've had enough of your moping around today."

"I'm not moping." He scoffed. "I just have a lot on my mind." He muttered that last part, looking at the ground.

"Then share. We're partners that's what I'm here for." You insisted, wanting him to actually say something other then 'nothing'.

"No. You're my partner, we just run together that's it. That's clearly all it is to you anyway." He pushed off of the wall and walked towards you.

"What the shuck are you talking about?" You shrugged.

"I'm talking about that moment you had with Ben last night." He blurted out. You went stiff.

"Is that what this is about?"

"I saw you two, his arm was around your waist, and you were leaning into him, what the hell y/n?" He was angry now, every ounce of his quiet mood flew out the window as he talked.