All Fun In Games

~-T-~

"The buggin' shank won't know what's hit him." Gally muttered, chuckling softly as we narrowed in on Chuck. He turned in his sleep, muttering something incoherently before turning over again. Gally put a finger up to his lips, signaling to be quiet as we were just now in front of Chuck's hammock.

We stood on both sides of the hammock, each holding a small bag of marbles that were shipped in last month with the supplies. I guess 'they' gave us something to entertain ourselves with. It was being put to good use so we can't complain.

We left the marbles outside all night, and they had frosted and chilled out in the freezing night air, becoming the perfect component to our prank. I held three fingers up, putting them down after each second until I got down to zero. We quickly freed the contents of our bags into Chuck's hammock, letting the marbles swarm under and over the squirming boy. Chuck woke up instantly to the freezing cold spheres, squealing as he tried to escape them.

I held my stomach as laughing was starting to hurt my stomach from such a great amount of it. I couldn't help it as the sight was too funny to bare. Gally stood on the other side of the hammock, laughing loudly and smiling more than I have ever seen him.

Everywhere Chuck squirmed, the freezing marbles followed. It was like a never-ending prank. Chuck just couldn't figure out that it would all end if he just simply got out of his hammock. His squealing had woken up everyone in the Homestead and it didn't take long for the rest of the Gladers to laugh along with us.

It was all in good fun as we put the new Greenie through his 'initiation'.

Alby and Newt finally helped the poor boy out of his hammock after they got their share in the laughter. Gally and I left the homestead, still not being able to stop laughing.

"That was the best prank yet." Gally laughed. "Even Alby was cracking up."

"Chuck's face was priceless." I replied, loving the smile that was on Gally's face. It was something else that was priceless, but not in the same way as with Chuck. Gally's smile was priceless in the way that it didn't happen much, and it shone brighter than any star hung high over the Glade.

"It's going to be tough to beat that one, but I bet we'll think of something." Gally murmured,as we walked through the slight fog that covered the Glade.

"Yeah?" I asked, my heart warming at the thought of spending more time like this with Gally.

"I mean only if you're up for it?" Gally asked, cutting off his smile as he grew serious.

"Yeah that sounds like fun." I smiled.

"Well I better get going or those shanks won't be doing anything around here." Gally said referring to his job as the Keeper of the Builders.

I nodded and a short silence ensued until I opened my arms, wrapping my arms around his torso. His chin rested on the top of my head as he wrapped his arms back around me. The idea of love was morphed at the maze. Nobody quite remembered it or how to act when they came in contact with it. But when it came to Gally, I didn't think. It was natural. Yes, it could be awkward at moments because we had no idea what we were doing, but when we let things just happen, everything seemed to fall into place.

Gally started to lean in, but he did so hesitantly as if asking whether he should continue or not. I skipped straight to my answer as I filled the space in between our lips. His lips were soft against mine, pressing very lightly. I placed my hand on the back of his neck, adding more pressure to the kiss.

I could hear the faint hollers of the other boys, but it wasn't enough to break my concentration of what was in front of me. We pulled apart, leaving each other breathless. Gally pecked my lips one more time, giving me a small smile, before his lips turned down into a straight line.

"What do you shucks think you're doing? Shouldn't you be doing your buggin' jobs?" Gally yelled, and I rolled my eyes playfully at his attitude, but my lips broke into a small smile as I saw Minho give me a thumbs up as Alby patted Gally's shoulder as he walked over to the Bloodhouse.