Mr. Tough Guy

~-T-~

"Clint!" I call into the infirmary. The Keeper's head pops out from around the corner, puzzled. I lift up my shirt and show him the gash on my abdomen.

"Oh, crap, hold on," he says. You hear shuffling of supplies before he appears, a bunch of stuff you've never seen in his hands. He instructs you to lay down on a cot, and a bunch of the other med-jacks surround him as he cleans your wound up and bandages it.

"How'd this happen?" one asks. You assume he's Jeff.

"I don't know actually. I was in the garden and I looked down and it was there," you shrug.

"Are you in pain?" another asks. You shake your head, but you feel like you're in a zoo exhibit with all these guys watching you.

One starts to lean in to kiss you, and you're incredibly confused. You can't scramble away; you're surrounded.

"Hey, get away from her," Minho shouts. He's one of the guys who is closer to you. Pretty much your best friend. The guys turn to look at him, forgetting immediately about me once they see how banged up he is. Did something happen in the Maze?

They turn their entire focus onto him, patching up his poor body.

When the med-jacks are finished, you're still confused as to why one of them tried kissing you when he barely knew your name, but you decided to thank Minho.

"Hey, are you okay?" you ask him.

"Yeah, I tried climbing up a wall again to see if anything had changed and I sort of fell," he admitted, almost laughing. "Nothing's broken, though."

"Does it hurt?" you're genuinely concerned for your best friend.

"Nah, I'm a tough guy."

"Well, thanks for getting the jacks away from me," you smile.

"Ah, no problem! I'd do anything for my best friend!" Minho grins. You give him a friendly kiss on the cheek before leaving the infirmary to go to bed.