Mute

×~T~×

"Come on, why don't you speak up?" The boy taunted, "Oh wait, that's right you can't"

He snorts and pushes you back against a tree, holding you by the shoulders as another boy kicks you in the stomach. You keel over in pain, both physical and emotional, you just want to cry out.

Maybe someone could hear you and save you, but you knew that wasn't going to happen.

"I don't know why they sent us a damn girl and out of all the ones they brought us a disabled one." Another jeered.

Hot tears rushed down your face and you feel as if you're being suffocated as another boy decides to sit on your chest and presses his hand up against your throat and squeezes.

"What the hell are you doing?" Someone growled out of nowhere and you feel the boy on top of you get up, "Alby is going to love to hear about this. I suggest you get your asses back to the Glade and get ready for a long day in the slammer."

The boys scurried off and you were left there covered in dirt silently crying.

"Hey, it's okay." His voice was soft and you realized it was Gally, "I promise you they're never gonna touch you again. They'll have to go through me okay, Y/N?"

You nod your head and wipe the stray tears from your face.

He extends his hand and you take it as he hoist you up onto your feet.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I should have been watching you more carefully. I didn't think anyone would ever think of doing something like that to you."

He looks down at the dirt, disappointment etched on his face.

You pull his arm with one hand and shake it to ensure he was relaxed use your other hand to lace your fingers with his. Walking out of the Deadheads together in this way would have surely sparked rumors, but you don't care.

His face heats up a bit but he smiles and places a kiss on your forehead and ultimately pulls you in closer to him. Others may find Gally intimidating and rightly so, but he really is just a big cuddly teddy bear-to you that is.

As you thought, the boys were all staring at you two.

"Hey! From now on if any of you slintheads touch or bully her, we're gonna put the baggers to good use!"