Falsified Feelings

~-T-~

"Here..." I placed down a plate of food on top of an old log next to where Gally sat, sharpening the tip of a thick branch. "I saw that they were almost out and that you hand't eaten lunch yet so I brought you some food." I gave Gally a small smile, rubbing his back softly, but was met quickly with dull eyes and a clenched jaw.

"Thanks." He muttered, not even bothering to look me in the eyes as he said it.

"Siggy is going to have to start making bigger helpings of food soon. All the boys keep wanting to eat more and more." I chuckled softly, trying to lighten the mood.

"We call him Frypan." Gally mumbled, adding no emotion to his voice.

"Well, I like to call him by his name." I said in a light tone, but I guess Gally took it the wrong way.

"Damn greenie..." Gally muttered under his breath, but I heard him loud and clear.

"What is going on with you today?" I stood up from where I was sitting next to him. "Lately it's like you don't even care about me anymore...like you don't even love me." My voice weakened towards the end along with my heart.

"Don't you see? I never loved you. The boys and I made a bet to see if I could get you to fall in love with me. It was easier than I thought it'd be." Gally raised his voice catching a lot of the other boys' attention. With each word, Gally broke my heart piece by piece, until it felt like my whole heart had shattered. I felt humiliated, wanting to refuse what he just told me, but there was no way for me to achieve that.

"I can't believe I ever trusted you." I spat at him before simply running away. I couldn't face him or any of the other boys. When emotions start to attach themselves to someone, things always became messy, whether good or bad.

I blindly ran, messily scraping tears off of my cheeks as I headed for the place that I knew Gally would never follow.

"Y/N! No, Y/N!" I could hear a couple of the boys yell after me, but I kept going.

Gally's POV *

I watched her eyes fill up with tears, threatening to cascade over her flushed cheeks, but I knew that her pride wouldn't let me see the tears actually fall. I couldn't fathom that I actually had done such a thing. The wrong I had just committed felt like a spear had just pierced through my chest; I was struggling to gasp out breaths and my heart was trying to find a reason to keep beating.

The pain displayed on her features was more than I could handle while I thought that it wouldn't phase me. The eyes that I soon noticed seemed to sparkle when she genuinely smiled softened my heart even though I never wanted to admit it to myself.

All the laughs that we shared together were genuine while I thought it was the facade that was ruling it. She shared her thoughts and fears that she didn't dare to tell anyone else and I was selfish and destroyed whatever trust that I was truly glad that I had earned.

"I can't believe I ever trusted you." She spat at me, burying the spear into my chest even further. She turned around, running away from the one who held her heart in his hands and wounded it.

She made her designated path clear to see as she ran straight for it. "No! Y/N, no!" Many of the boys called after her, but she didn't even seem to notice them, or she just didn't care.

I didn't even notice that I was running after her until I stopped right in front of the entrance to the maze. There were reasons why I wasn't a runner and the reason dominating the list was simple to see when you even just took a simple glance into the slithering labyrinth that was living inside the walls.