About You

"Y/n, come on. It's nearly ninety degrees." My new boyfriend told me like I wasn't aware of the horrible heat.

But that wouldn't stop me from wearing jeans.

"I know," I dryly responded while watching tv.

"Why won't you just wear shorts, or just something loose. I'm already heated just by looking at you." He sighed, but followed by a smirk. "You do make me feel very hot."

I threw a pillow in his face, but he caught it perfectly. "Baby, come on." He whined.

I hadn't told him that I was extremely anxious for anyone to see my stretch marks on my thighs.

I would tell him, but I hadn't really thought about it yet. But now he came with the topic of me exposing my skin, I thought I'd tell him. "Why won't you just wear something short for once, I've never seen your legs, actually."

"Sam-"

"You have a penis or something?" I chuckled and he smiled a little. "What's up, baby?" He sat next to me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

I was scared for his reaction. I was scared of how he would be disgusted by my stretch marks just like me. "You can tell me anything," he whispered while kissing the top of my head.

"I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder..." I slowly told him, but without actually looking at my boyfriend. "I have these really bad stretch marks on my thighs and no one has ever seen them, except for my parents.

I don't show my legs. I would honestly rather jump off a cliff than show my thighs." I confessed.

Nothing awkward was happening yet. I just really hoped he'd understand, "Please don't make me show them, I really can't do that."

"I won't ever force you to show them," he started off saying, "I understand, baby. If you're not comfortable with me seeing your thighs or marks, then it's okay.

I want you to be comfortable around me, please don't feel like you needto show me."

I didn't realize I had been holding my breath for the past couple of minutes, but when he finished talking I realized I could finally properly breath.

"I'm obsessed and I like you for who you are. I totally understand if you don't want to show your legs, but do know whatever is on your body, I do not care about it.

I don't care if just as bad as you say, I don't care if it's beautiful. I simply do no care about those small things, okay?" I nodded and sighed.

He kissed the top of my head. When I looked up at him, Sammy was looking whole-hearted.

I could tell he genuinely meant this and my heart automatically warmed up, "You mean everything to me, this won't change a thing."

"Thank you, Sammy." I sat up and threw my hands around his neck to tightly hug him.

I felt one of his hands snake around my waist, pulling me closer to him. With the other hand he held the back of my head. "I'm always here for you, baby girl."