08 | The Happy Couple

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
viii. THE HAPPY COUPLE

╚══════════════════╝

"AND DO YOU, SNOW White, promise to take this man to be your husband and love him for all eternity?"

A woman with an exquisite and beautiful, white dress smiled at the man standing before her as she said the two special words. Her name was Snow White and today, she was getting married to the man she was desperately in love with, also known as Prince Charming.

"I now pronounce you—"

"Oh, just kiss already!" a young teenager exclaimed excitedly. She twirled a strand of her long, light-brown hair, grinning like a madman as she watched one of her pupils and closest friends smile at her.

"Indie!" Snow and David scolded in amusement as the Orchestra began to play from within the ballroom they all were in. Indiana merely shrugged and giggled, being the child she was when it came to weddings.

Snow White and Prince Charming leaned into one another for what promised to be the storybook kiss to end all storybook kisses. Just as their lips near each other, there was the sudden crack of thunder booming. The orchestra stopped playing while everyone spun around to see lightning flash through the stain-glassed windows. The doors at the far end of the ballroom suddenly flew open, causing Indiana Jones to suddenly grab the whip that sat at her hip. Though she was wearing a nice dress, there was no way she was going to walk around empty-handed.

In walked a woman with raven hair and an evil smile on her face. Her name was the Evil Queen. She carried herself with casual menace as she strode up the aisle toward the platform. Those assembled gasped in fear, parting like the red sea.

"Sorry I'm late," the Evil Queen said.

Three of the Prince's guards rushed at the Queen. She casually waved her hand at them, causing them to be thrown up into the air, right through the stain-glassed windows. The Queen continued to march right up toward Charming and Snow as one of the Dwarves, Doc told everyone to run.

Snow White's face tightened. "She's not a Queen anymore," Snow declared. "She's nothing more than an evil witch!"

Snow reached for her husband's belt, pulling out his sword. She pointed it at the Queen and stepped forward, but Indiana seemed to block her way. "Don't get so excited, Snow," Indiana told her. "We all know what happened the last time you didn't think before you acted with a sword in your hands."