Face a Fear

A students goal should always be to surpass their teacher.

So what does a teacher do when their students already equal to them? Bermuda didn't have anything physical to teach Fon. The brat is strong and well built. He's often compared to Reborn, student of Chakerface or Kawahira of all things.

However, Bermuda realized a certain flaw in the great Fon, his mentality was weak. Only then did he realize Kawahira tasked him to train Fon mentally. And boy did he do it. Bermuda's training did indeed put up a mental barrier in Fon, the wrong one though.

Bermuda applauded Fon for his self mental training he's doing right now by trying to beat the living crap out of him.

With a blocked punch, Fon retreats back a few paces, "What? Tired already?" Bermuda taunted. Fon didn't respond, because he knew damn well he could face off against him.

Giotto and G were the only ones to follow Knuckle. Alaude keeping Kyoya at bay while the others stayed as warned.

Knuckle had went to find Giotto when he saw Fon charging at Bermuda who, he assumed, everyone in the mansion knew was here. He didn't hesitate to go inform his boss.

"Reborn!" Giotto called.

Reborn didn't respond nor glance back, keeping his eyes on the main two, "Don't interfere." He ordered.

Knuckle and G looked to Colonello who just shook his head.

In the nursery, Shamal looked through Luche's reports as Verde typed away at his laptop, "Looks like we were able to kick things back to normal."

"Ah." Verde hummed in agreement.

Shamal turned his head to look at Luche through the window pane, "I guess I should head out now. You're capable of handling the rest right?"

Verde pushed up his glasses, "Now's not the right time... Bermuda."

Shamal paused from picking up his case, "Yeah... Not the right time."

Back at Giotto's office, most were nervously sitting around. Mukuro and Daemon had left, and Alaude had left with Kyoya behind him. Irie was allowed to go back to the basement. Tsuna was still quiet as he watched the others talk silently sans Ryo. Gokudera was having a one sided argument with both rain guardians. "Ah, Yamamoto-san. Shouldn't Asari-san be back by now?"

"Yeah, it doesn't take anyone this long to use the restroom." Yamamoto said.

Tsuna's intuition glared in response and he stood, "We should go look for him."

Gokudera grabbed Tsuna's hand, "Giotto-san told us to stay put. We can't just leave."

Takeshi nodded, "Nii-san must be caught up in something."

Tsunayoshi's intuition had flared the same time as Tsunas, but he stayed quiet in fear of doing something wrong. It wasn't his world after all. Yamamoto frowned but turned to Ryo who shrugged.

Ryohei was put in his room, stretching and doing some light punches. His phone rang and he quickly picked it up, "Hello?"

"What do you mean I can't come visit you two?!"

Ryohei winced and laughed nervously, "It's not the right time, I wrote in the letter that I'd send you tickets when you could."

Kyoko sniffed, "Why can't I come?"

Ryohei sighed and looked beaten, he hated it when he had to fool his sister, "There are some important people that are here for a while. We won't have the time to spend with you, so when they leave, aniki and I will have all the time in the world to spend with you. Please, give us some more time."

Kyoko paused and sighed, "I got it. I'll be patient. Love you."

"Love you more." They ended the call. Ryohei stared at his phone a while longer.

Would his own sister be as accepting as Tsuna if he told her everything? He shook his head. Kyoko was to innocent to handle this.

The front room was tense as Fon nor Bermuda made any moves. Jager was silent the whole time, but he was ready for any order. "Jager." Bermuda called.

Jager perked up, "Yes?"

"The ring." Bermuda had thrown the item to him during his talk with Colonello. Jager took it out and passed it to Bermuda by throwing it over Fon's head. Bermuda held the ring in between his two fingers, "This ring holds the power of my night flames, I meant to give it to you." Fon stood surprised, the others besides Jager and Reborn looked shocked. "When Checkerface told me I was to have a student, I thought it was in my own arts so I stored some of my flames in this. Instead I got you, the new storm arcobalenoe, so I left it untouched." Bermuda threw the ring to Fon, who snatched it from mid air and stared at it in his open palm.

"Why are you giving it to me now then?" Fon asked.

Bermuda chuckled, "Who said I was giving it to you? I'm handing it to you to give the ring to someone capable of wielding it."

Fon looked to Bermuda sharply, "And who said I would?"

"I dare you to wield it." Bermuda's air grew dark, "You're flames would be taken over in an instant."

Reborn stepped forward, "Let it go, Fon."

"That's right, kora. Don't underestimate the power of night flames." Colonello agreed.

Jager stepped besides Bermuda, a hidden smirk behind his bandaged face, "Night flames could easily overpower any flames that is in use now, Checkerface is currently the only one to have withstood it."

Giotto gasped in surprise, "You fought him?"

Jager shrugged as Bermuda answered, "Once."

G furrowed his brows, "There was no recordings of that fight."

Colonello raised his hand towards G, "It was years before this generation of arcobalenoe came to be. The fight was to big and all recording were lost over the years. That fight was the first time the flame of night came to be."

Knuckle nodded, "Vindice is the only ones to wield the flame because Bermuda only shared it with them. Bermuda is the creator of the flame after all."

Fon threw the ring back to Bermuda, "I wont do it."

The short bandage figure sighed and put his hands to his sides, "It will be a waste of time to argue with you." Bermuda turned to the stairs where Reborn stood in front, Giotto holding the railing few feet above with knuckle and G, "Very well... I already have some one in mind anyway."

Bermuda disappeared in a warp hole, and Reborn immediately ran up the stairs as fast as he could towards Giotto's office.