A little big Incident

The next morning Tsuna didn't feel well. 'What's going on? Didn't shamal-sensei say I would be good for a little more than 2 years?' 

He couldn't move, his chest was heavy and he couldn't breathe as he huffed hard even though he had his oxygen mask on. He didn't know how long he laid there trying to catch his breath, but he knew that with every second, he was losing more and more air. "The phone..." He whispered raggedly as he spotted it on his bedside drawer. He tried to grab it, but with his numbing limbs, it fell to the floor. 

"Ugh!" Tsuna's heart started to burn, the air getting less and less.

"S-some-", he couldn't talk as his chest burned even more. After only 2 minutes he couldn't breathe at all. 

A knock came on his door. "Tsuna, are you awake? We were worried since you're late for breakfast." He heard Takeshi say, "Giotto-san was gonna come but I said I would. Haha, he was so persistent."

'Help' he tried to say but jumbles would only come out. He was starting to lose consciousness.

"Tsuna?" He could faintly hear the door turn and soon Takeshi's yells. He couldn't tell if more people came in, or it was his own imagination before he completely blacked out.

Takeshi panicked when he saw Tsuna writhing on the bed, his yells loud enough to draw others attention.

   Giotto was the first to answer his alarm. "What's going on?!"    

"His I.V wire..." He heard Takeshi whisper. "I-its cut." 

Giotto's eye's widened, "Cut? Did you just say it was cut? Why the hell wo-!" Giotto eyed the other man and slowly closed his eyes in resigned realization. "He found out. We weren't even here last night. We couldn't protect him."

Reborn, who had come in after Giotto, order Knuckles to take care of Tsuna as he spoke to Giotto, "Calm down. Keeping a cool head in this situation will give us fewer mistakes."

"Just so you know Reborn. If I hadn't known you for so long, I would have put all the blame on you for this."

"It is my fault for not making sure all of you were careful. We're dealing with Checkerface here. I should've known it wouldn't have taken him long to find out about Tsuna when he came to Italy."

Their argument was cut by Tsuna's convulsions. "The ambulance!" Giotto cried.

............................................................................................................................................................... 

Giotto paced back and forth and G was starting to get worried. "Sit down and drink something. You've been like that for the last for hours."

Giotto finally acknowledged his worry as he sat in G's seat as the redhead went to buy him a cup of coffee. "It's been four hours and still no one came out to give us the progress".  He said. 

A few minutes after Tsuna was put in surgery, Shamal came and went in to help out with the case. Iemitsu and Nana came just a little later with unreadable expressions as they just sat and waited. 'They were used to this' - some thought. Reborn was the same as the cloud brothers who stayed clear from the stifling air. Lampo and Lambo were still somewhere and Daemon and Mukuro left a moment ago as the rest stayed and waited. Finally, someone came out.

 "We were able to stabilize him, but that's only temporary. The surgery might take the whole night as his lungs were badly affected by the unjust removal of the wire, and his heart is slowly getting weaker. However, thanks to Doctor Shama,l we have a chance to get him to his previous state." The doctor tried to lighten the mood up but failed as the expression on Giotto and the faces of the rest got darker.

"What's the percentage of the patient not getting better?" Giotto asked surprisingly calm. 

"The percent? Right... The count of him getting better is less than ten percent out of a hundred." The doctor said the truth. There's no point in lying. Telling the truth could help them prepare for the worst and all of them knew that. 

He finally couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears leaked from his eyes, and he stumbled back to sit down. He could see from the corner of his eyes of his father comforting Nana. "W-why? I invited him here to have fun and bond face to face again....celebrate his birthday together...not this." Giotto covered his face with his hands. 

The rest just stood there quietly, letting the three release their feelings, 'So true. I wonder what we did. Is this karma?' Gokudera thought. Gokudera was just as much as hurt as Giotto but he believed someone like Tsuna would pull through. He has to since nothing even started yet.

 Reborn lowered his fedora and G came back with the Iced coffee, when he saw them crying he thought the worst, but after catching a glimpse at the green glowing box above the sugery doors, he sighed in relief. Patting his best freind behind his back, he comforted Giotto as much as he could, looking over at Gokudera for help, but all he got was a sad smile in return. 

'Is everything really gonna be okay?' They thought.