Beasts

Tsuna wanted to scream. He couldn't see, he couldn't move, and he couldn't speak. He felt so vulnerable and it terrified him. Just when he thought he couldn't take it anymore, a warmth encased him, lifting the tension from his nerves. When it was gone the moment he relaxed, Tsuna was left confused. "What was that?" He wondered. Despite the strangeness, he had an urge to feel the warmth again.

...............................................................................................................................................................

"Decimo." Lampo said as he came inside Giotto's office.

Giotto, who sat behind his desk working on a few files, looked up to him. "What is it?"

"Do you have any grape candy?" 

Giotto deadpanned at the man. "You know, when you call me Decimo, it's for something important. And candy is important enough for that?" 

Lampo messed his hair and sighed, "Lambo's having a breakdown."

"Again?"

"Yeah. He's been worrying about Tsuna a lot." Lampo took the lollipop he had asked for. Giotto always had a pack in case Lambo were to barge in and throw a childish tantrum. 

Before Lampo cold leave, Giotto called out to him, "I know I've already asked this a million times before, but what were you guys doing when you were gone?" 

Turning around to face the blonde man, Lampo placed a finger to his lips. "Secret."

"And why's that?"

"You'll find out when Tsuna does." And with that he left. 

With a tired sigh Giotto leaned back in his chair and looked at the photo of a small, chubby, Tsuna from childhood. 'Already a month after Tsuna was announced comatose. And there's no sign of Checkerface making a move.' He gritted his teeth.

"Chaos, baka-Giotto." 

The blond flinched at Reborns sudden appearance and placed a hand over his heart, "Don't barge in like that Reborn." He whined.

"Its your responsibility to be aware of your surroundings, Baka-Giotto," Reborn said.

"How's Tsuna?" Giotto asked expectantly. 

"The seizure was a minor one, everything's fine. But.."

Giotto held his breath, 'No. Not another but...' He pleaded in his head.

"His Flame. It's showing." 

Giotto blinked. "Huh?" 

Reborn whacked Giotto's head at his stupid reaction. "His flame is gathering itself and protecting Tsuna. However, it's gathering too much. If Tsuna doesn't wake up by the time of next month, it'll burst."

Giotto rubbed his face. He didn't like the fact that he was starting to get used to all the bad news. "What will happen if it bursts?" He already had a good idea of the answer to his own question but he wanted to hope it wasn't correct.

"The result will be worse than after a major seizure. In short, it means a sure death." 

"Also in short... it gives me more reason to murder that man." Giotto said as he stood up, an expression severe enough to burn the floor.

 "That's right." Reborn didn't care if Giotto killed Checkerface. The man deserved what he gets after hurting his students.

................................................................................................................................................................

Tsuna was still stuck in his void but it wasn't empty. Occasionally, he could hear someone - no, was more an animal. A growl maybe? The first time he had heard it he was scared enough to get a heart attack... Yet, oddly enough, he felt guilty for being afraid.

As if possessed, Tsuna whispered without meaning to, "I'm sorry, Natsu."

Suddenly, the dark void began to be engulfed by orange flames. He could move again! He could open his eyes! Looking around he could see an endless space until his eyes landed on a sight he found utterly beautiful.

 A lion. 

An elegant beast with its orange flaming hair around its magnificent face sat upon a throne of the same color. 

A Leopard with raging red hair lay its head on its paws as it rests just as elegantly, but seeming wilder, to the right of the chair.

An Akita with blue flames, the same with a blue swallow, both perched on the left side of the lion's throne. 

A  green bulls fearsome head showing its protection as it hides his body behind its treasured lion.

An owl flying over the lion and bull as indigo mist surrounds it. 

A yellow flaming kangaroo sat on the steps leading to the throne, and a purple hedgehog that was preventing anyone to take the first steps of said stairs.

"Natsu." He called. There it is again, that name that seemed so familiar as if he had known them his entire life.

'I did.' He told himself again in his head. His eyes widened. 'My whole life.' 

Hearing his name, the lion got off the throne and slowly made his way to Tsuna as everyone else stayed in place. "Natsu." Tsuna said again, in fondness. He ran to his precious lion who protected him during his first coma years before. 

The coma left him in the blank space which he only had Natsu to play with. Tsuna could remember the close bond he felt when he was with him, the same warmth that he just felt a moment ago, and now could feel as he crushed the poor lion in a giant bear hug.

"How could you? Erasing my memory of you like that."

Natsu purred.

Breaking the hug, Tsuna petted Natsu's flaming mane. "You've grown. Last time I saw you, you were a small chubby cub. Haha, you even made friends. How lovely." Suddenly another vision came as he looked over at the leopard. "Gokudera-san?" Something came to Tsuna abruptly and he quickly looked over to the the dog and the bird, and the face of Takeshi came into his head. "Don't tell me...These are..."

"Gao~" 

Tsuna opened his eye's and he was back to reality in a hospital room. The beeping of the machines was the only sound he could hear as he still tried to get around the new information he just learnt.