Exciting News

Tsuna awoke to the buzzing of his phone by his pillow. His eyes remained closed as his hands tiredly accepted the call. "Hello?" His voice came out throaty.

A low chuckle sounded through the speaker. "Look who just woke up."

Tsuna immediately sprung up at the familiar voice, his sleep completely gone from his eyes. His head spun from the sudden movement and he reached up to rub his temple. He felt the strap of his oxygen mask still covering his nose and mouth and pulled it down to speak, "Gio-nii!" He said excitedly.

"Happy early birthday my dear brother!"

Tsuna let out a small smile. His Brother had never failed to lighten him up. "Thank you... But, why are you calling in the morning? You usually call at noon."

Giotto on the other end crossed his arms idly, a sarcastic tone peeking through from his side, "I wonder who decided that 2:40 pm is morning time?"

"Eh?" Tsuna looked at his clock sitting on his desk by the bed. True to his brother's words, it read 2:43 pm. "Oh," He chuckled nervously as he spoke, "Looks like I overslept. But how did you know the time here, aren't we like 7 hours ahead then in Italy? Shouldn't it be 7 am there? Are you sleeping well?" He knew his brother was doing well, but he couldn't help but be worried. He read that stress is common for people at Vongola University.

"I'm fine, Tsuna. Waking up at, at least, 6 is normal and I quite like it, too. It gives me time to be relaxed and ready, you know. How are you guys though? Everything's alright there?"

Tsuna inwardly sighs. Last night he had another seizure. The other time he had a seizure was last year when he accidentally took off his I.V. - which prevents these seizures from happening. The same thing happened again so the doctors had no choice but to implant a permanent one to the back of his neck, where a wire connected to the liquid bag.

Now he has to lift a bookbag everywhere he goes to carry these liquid bags. It was rather annoying. The surgery took most of the night, so he didn't rest well.

"No, I got sick, but it wasn't anything too bad than the usual." Tsuna would tell him if he got sick but not the reason why, which at least let Giotto know his little brother had a weak system.

"I wish I was there to be with you and help. I always feel so guilty."

"It's ok." Tsuna meant it.

Tsuna got off his bed and grabbed his book bag to safely carry his I.V. He went downstairs where his mom was in the kitchen making lunch. "Mom, its Gio-nii!"

Nana, his mom, swiveled around as she turned off the gas. She went over to Tsuna excitedly. "Put it on speaker!"

Tsuna put the phone on speaker when his brother started talking again, "Tsuna?"

"I put it on speaker. Mom wants to hear."

"Good, I was gonna tell you to do that anyway."

"What? Why?"

"Guess what?"

"What? Hurry up and say it."

"I got you tickets to come to visit me and stay for an entire month!"

Tsuna stood there stunned and Nana, despite shouting in excitement, kept a wary eye on him.

Smiling, he asked, "When do we go?" 

Nana's eyes widened and the wariness within her dissipated. 

"Go to the airport where you always pick up dad in Namimori airport, on the 11th. Someone is going to pick you up there, so don't worry. We could even celebrate your birthday together, isn't it great!"

"You didn't need to do that, just sending the tickets would've been okay."

Chuckling, Giotto continued to chat until Nana asked to speak. Handing the phone to her, he went to continue cooking the food Nana apparently forgot about.

Half an hour past by when Tsuna looked back to see his mom hang up the phone. "Kaa-san! I wanted to tell him something." He exclaimed as he rushed forward and took his phone back.

"Sorry, Tsu-Kun. Gi-Kun said he had to go to a meeting."

"Meeting?"

"Mmm! He's the president of the student body, didn't you know?"

"No, I didn't know they had one of those."

"One of his friends made it, saying its to keep the discipline there. Isn't that amazing?"

"Yes. I guess it is." Tsuna couldn't be as excited. He was still worried about Giotto's invite.

"Oh! Looks like the foods done."

Settling down for lunch, Nana kept glancing at Tsuna a little too much. Having noticed a long time ago, he said, "What is it, Kaa-san?"

Nana looked down with contemplation crossing her features. "... What are you going to say to Gi-Kun? About your cancer?"

"I was going to tell him that I had something to say when we met before you hung up."

"Well, it's not my fault he had things to do."

Laughing despite the topic, they finished their lunch. Tsuna, in his room, stared at his phone. Its already been over two hours after the call and Tsuna still wanted to talk to Giotto. He gathered the amount of courage he had and redialed his brother, not knowing if the call would go through. Fortunately, it did. Usually, he had to buy a card to phone his brother, and even then it's hard for the call to go through.

He was about to hang up after the fifth ring in his nervous panic, but the call had been picked up.

"Hello?"

Tsuna fumbled around before placing the cell to his ear. "Gio-nii. Sorry for bothering you."

"Tsuna! Not at all. Is there anything wrong?"

Tsuna hesitated for a moment, but he was already on the call with his brother. He might as well just say it. "I just wanted to say that I wanted to tell you that..um...that I want you to be calm when you see me later."

"Of course I can't keep calm!" Giotto exclaimed. "I haven't seen my baby brother in years and you expect me to be calm?"

"No, not that... it's something I still haven't told you..."

"Why Tsuna? Can't you tell me now?"

"No, I'll tell you this face to face. It would be better that way."

Giotto sighs before saying, "Alright then."

"Thank you, Gio-nii. That's all I have to say... See you soon." 

Tsuna could almost feel the warmth from the other end as his brother replied, "See you soon."

Hanging up, Tsuna went to his bed. Realizing he never took off his bookbag, he shrugged it off his shoulder and slumped face down onto his covers as the worry never faded.

............................................................................................................

Giotto went back to the meeting room after the call with Tsuna.

"What took you?"

"G, it was only 2 minutes."

The redhead scoffed.

"My brother's finally going to tell me what he's been hiding," Giotto said smiling.

"That intuition of yours is too scary, Giotto."

"Well, runs in the family Asari." Giotto's eyes dazed out, his mind still caught up in the euphoria of seeing his brother soon. It wasn't long till he was focused again. "Luce-san, should we continue then?"