Succession

They sang the happy birthday song much to Tsuna's happiness. He wished tommorow would be this normal. Being at the age of 20 now, he would have to think of his future even if it is a bit late to be doing so, but he probably already has one, with the forceful put into Vongola University, his brother putting his pictures on the magazine, as well as Checkerface. 'Oh... That name has a bad feeling about it.' He thought.

"Tsuna." Giotto started, "We might have given you gifts," Its true, their presents were all fantastic, though Hibari's gift of a bird plushy was very amusing, ",but this is our present to you." Almost imediatly all of them swarmed together in a fantastic appearance of flames, their own instruments ready to be plaid. Tsuna listened, everything is perfect.

"Shut up." Reborn said and all chaos stopped for the moment in Luche's relief, "There's more to discuss." Saying that he pulled out a familiar box, opening it to reveal Tsuna's vongola sky ring. "Where did you get that?" Questioned Lal.

"Burrowed it from Dame-Tsuna's room," a snort was heard, "..Everyone upstairs probably forgot about Tsuna being the next sky, however that will be impossible."

"Eh, why?" Skull asked. Colonello hit his head.

"Ahou, with Tsuna's cancer he probably won't be alive for his succession, " everyone could hear the grit in the army mans voice, "..Plus Giotto is still in his prime. It would be stupid to take him down from the position now. That blondy probably thinks Tsuna's going to take after him."

"Hn." Was Reborn's agreement.

"What about his Guardian beast?" Verde announced.

"What do you mean?" Fon replied.

"You don't remember the event with Alaudi?"

"Aaah... I don't want to remember the reaction of that madman when he found out how he survived." Fon said leaning back.

"Yeah, he practically made the hospital look like its been bombed by a terrorist." Mammon added.

"Guy's he loved that cute little thing just as much as he does Kyo-kun. Its perfectly understandable." Luche commented as she took the ring and firmly changed the depressing subject.

"And what do you think, Reborn? If Tsuna can't take the mantle who will?"

"That's not something needed to be discussed now. First we have to do is try and predict Checkerface's next move. That is all." Everyone got up and went there way.

"You should have brung everyone to the meeting." Luche said, still seated after everyone left.

"This meeting was just to discuss the plan and confirm what is needed to do between the Arcobalenoes. The meeting with those idiots will be to put the planning to action." Reborn replied nonchantly.

"There wasn't much planning. It was plainly simple."

"Making things complicated will only mess things up. Simple is better for now."

Night came by to quickly for Tsuna in his opinion. Even with all the activities they did today, adrenaline still pushed through his veins. Thinking about playing a short song, he shook his head, "It won't help me sleep." Instead he got his bag and pulled out some sleeping pills conveniatly put there and took two. In a few minutes he slept dreamlessly.

Giotto Had his head in his hands. Reborn just left explaining what he had planned in his meeting. 'No wonder they weren't in the party.' He wasn't stupid, his intuition informed something was going on and it was about that, but he ignored it to favor Tsuna's day. Everyone else was informed of their part and Daemon and Mukuro instantly started their spying. Giotto was against it, it was to dangerous. Checkerface may be old, but he was far from being his age. Taking a sip from his coffee he continued his paperwork. Looking at this many he may stay up the entire night.

The room was dark and the man took off his checkered designed mask. With a burst of orange flame, his form changed from a bulky middle aged man to a finely skinny, fair haired man wearing a green Japanese clothing. He took his round glasses from his bedside drawer and lit the candle on the stand with a snap of his fingers. Natsuma growled at the sudden light and he chuckled, "Sorry, can you handle it for a moment?" The lion faced the other way as an answer. They didn't have time, he didn't have time, Tsuna didn't have time, nobody has time. Taking out a journal from somewhere on his being, he flipped towards the end of the book.

"Natsume." he said. She understood her partners command perfectly as she got up and walked to him, growling in hesitation to his plans.

He pet the mameless head smiling, "Don't worry."

Fon sat on the bench located on the walkway that leads to the entrance of the mansion, 'Three more weeks till the academy restarts..' His thoughts were random when he was out relaxing, but it didn't last long.

Instantly running towards the mansion, smoke was coming from the west side of it. "Luche!"

He took a short cut in the woods, running up a tree to see the exact location of the smoke. He made his way, only taking him half a minute to jump through the window into the burning room seeing Reborn take Luche bridal style.

"What happened?" He asked when Reborn handed her to him.

"Bomb." That was the only thing he needed to know and jumped out the window far away from the ash to stop Luche from coughing, 'This would be a problem for Yuni.'

Reborn told Giotto to get Tsuna as he got Luche, but he didn't need to be told as he was already running for his brother. He made it and tried pulled the handle. It wouldn't budge.

Taking few steps back, he went forward slamming into the wall managing only to make a dent on the bullet proof steel.

"Giotto-san!" He heard Gokudera yell.

"What are you doing hear? Where's the others?" He asked still trying to push the door back. Gokudera did the same as him before and slammed against the door managing to loosen it.

"First break the door!"

"I know..gh!" With one final push the door fell. And Tsuna...

Wasn't there.