The Loss of One Person Brings Another Back

She looked down at the invitation again. There was a single tear stain that was made two days ago when the invite came. It was now joined by another.

She looked in the mirror and wiped under her eyes to ensure no make-up had spilled yet. She pulled down her back skirt slightly and straightened the black blazer she was wearing. Her small clutch contained her phone, keys and tissues- that was all she would need.

As she walked through her small apartment and out to the car she thought of Mr Sweet and, although they hadn't spoken since she left, how alien it felt knowing he was dead. She hadn't spoken to anyone, not since her and Eddie broke up.

A part still loved Eddie but this was definitely a minority. She was aware she would always feel something for him, he was her first everything. She knew he would be there, it was his own fathers funeral. She had spent the past two days preparing to see him. She knew it would be hard. It had been five years since they broke up and this time had been spent focusing her life on her career, she hadn't went out with anyone else.

As she arrived at the church it hit her hard. She assumed she would see not only Eddie but everyone else from Anubis as well. There would be many questions regarding what appeared to be her disappearance from their lives. She had made no effort to contact any of them and any time they reached out it was ignored.

She took a deep breath and walked through the doors. Down in the front row she saw that familiar blonde haired boy but she didn't dare approach him. Instead she sat with Alfie and Willow.

"Trixie," Alfie whispered enthusiastically as he wrapped her in a tight hug.

"Hey Alf," she laughed as he groaned at the nickname he hated so much. The ceremony started.

As they made their way to the graveyard where the burial would take place the tears were streaming down her cheeks. She had kept them in for the service but it was becoming too hard.

"Didn't think you'd show," an Anerican accent whispered in her ear. She knew it was him.

"And why's that," she spat.

"Supposedly you've not spoken to anyone and we didn't even know if it was the correct address," he explained.

"Well Mr Sweet was like a father to me when my own family abandoned me," she sighed.

"At least he was a father to someone," Eddie sighed back.

"He tried, at least give him that. For all he knew you he attempted to be as a good a father as any so don't dare say things like that at his own funeral," she defended.

"Fighting, just like old times," he laughed.

"Even at a funeral," she laughed slightly.

"You always did know how to yack," he teased. She rolled her eyes as they began to lower the body.

"Edison darling, the children need you," a woman called from the other side of the crowd of sobbing people.

"Edison," Patricia had to contain her laugh.

"Just because she speaks properly," he retorted.

"Edison, your children so dearly need you," Patricia teased.

"They aren't mine, well not yet. Her husband died four years ago," he shrugged.

"Did he happen to leave much money behind," she asked suspiciously.

"Are you insinuating that I'm in it for the money?" he scoffed. "Because if you are then I regret to inform you that there is no money. I intend to marry."

"Oh my god, you're one of them now," she laughed.

"One of whom?" he asked.

"You know, the posh ones who eat tea and crumpets while discussing taxes," she continued to laughed.

"First of all, I'm American so tea and crumpets aren't exactly my thing and secondly, I don't know what they all talk about."

"They?"

"Maria and her friends of course."

She rolled her eyes and he scoffed and left. She by now was quite disturbed by her lack of respect so spent the rest of the day in silence.

---

That night she was curled up in her couch with some documentary about Ancient Egypt playing in the background. Her mind wasn't paying attention though as memories of Anubis swirled around her brain like the marshmallows in the hot chocolate she was drinking. Her thoughts were interrupted by her doorbell ringing.

She ignored it and tried to focus her attention on the tv but the person was persistent. Begrudgingly she got up to buzz the person in. She stood impatiently at the door with her arms crossed and toe tapping rhythmically on the floor as she awaited the arrival of whoever it was. With two seconds of her door being knocked it was open.

"What are you doing here?" she sighed angrily.

"I, I, I..." he trailed off.

"Come in now and explain what you're doing in my apartment," she groaned.

They sat on opposite couches. Her glares were making him nervous. He didn't want things between them to be like this.

"You see, after we spoke today I realised how different Maria and I are so then we argued. She came in with tea and crumpets of all things and suggested we settled it calmly then I got to thinking about how much I hate England and English people," he explained.

"Okay so you break up with your fiancée, attempt to cover up the fact you think I'm to blame then tell me you hate English people. Smooth," she rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't finished," he defended. "I realised I hate English people, but, I didn't hate my father. I got to thinking about why I didn't hate my father and I realised that I didn't hate my father because he reminded me of my sick friends back then. Trust me, you were the last person I would've come to but you could hear Fabian and Nina getting it on from the doorstep, Alfie told me he and Willow were 'busy', Amber is on her way to America with Mick, Mara and KT were at some restaurant I couldn't afford and Jerome and Joy refused to pick up the phone then I realised that we must've had the correct address for you since you got the invite. You were literally my last hope at not hating England and it's peoples."

"I know where this is going. There's another bedroom round the corner and plenty of food in the fridge," she sighed.

"Thanks Yacker," he smiled then snapped his mouth shut. He didn't know if it was acceptable to call her Yacker.

She rolled her eyes and stood up to go to bed. He knew it wasn't right. That was what they called each other in their relationship and that was most certainly not their current position. He followed behind her but went the opposite way at the end of the hall.

A few moments after he got into his room she knocked on the door and delivered the bedding.

"Night weasel," she smirked then left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this isn't the best but I wanted to update and I need inspiration. Send me as many prompts as you can.

Sibuna !

p.s- again I apologise for spelling and grammar but I didn't proof read as I just wanted to get this uploaded. If there's any part which does not make any sense at all comment and I'll reply what it should say.