Stormy Weather

"Mummy I'm scared," Patricia's four year old daughter cried as she ran into the living room. There was a thunder and lightening storm coming and Patricia was alone with her daughter and nobody to shout on. The house was quiet.

"Aw baby I'm scared too," Patricia whispered as she stroked her daughters beautiful blonde hair softly. "Tell you what you go up to mummy's bed and I'll bring us some sweeties and some movies," she smiled and her daughter ran straight up the stairs.

Patricia went into her kitchen and got some chocolate and sweets while she made two mugs of hot chocolate. On her way upstairs she grabbed a bunch of Scooby-Doo movies as she knew how much her daughter loved them.

When she got up the stairs her daughter was curled up in the duvet of her bed with only her head peeking out. "Right baby, come on sit up, you're fine," Patricia soothed as she entered the room. "What one will we watch first?" she asked her daughter eagerly.

"Zombie Island," she squeaked excitedly. Patricia laughed and slid the disk in and joined her daughter under the covers. She handed her a hot chocolate and set the chocolate and sweets between them. As the movie got to the part when the two girls turned into werecats the thunder got really loud scaring both Patricia and her daughter. The two girls curled up together in fear as the thunder boomed loudly outside the window.

"Mummy I'm really scared," her daughter cried into her stomach. "I want it to stop, I want it to stop," she was screaming through her tears. Patricia's heart was breaking as she witnessed her daughter in such distress. She had a hard time growing up, what with everything she did being compared to Piper from the day they learned to crawl and who learned it first. It scarred her emotionally for life and she swore her child would never feel pain but now there was absolutely nothing she could do. She was helpless. Patricia herself was scared. The last time there was a storm like this was back at Anubis when the gods were angry with them.

"It's nothing honey, just a little thunder," she smoothed out her daughters hair but screamed herself when the next bolt of lightening came. "Mummy won't let anything hurt you, ever," she whispered again trying to calm her daughter even though she herself was terrified.

Whenever she was scared before she always had Eddie to hold her, she hasn't been scared in years, not even when she was giving birth. He would always hug her and tell her that everything would be alright. He would hold her until it was all good again. This time she was alone with her four year old daughter and nobody was there to comfort her. She couldn't exactly ask her daughter to as it was her job to comfort her. She was a parent now. On the outside she was thirty-one but on the inside she was still that scared teenage girl. She had learned not to show emotions, not to anyone except Eddie. She didn't cry but watching her daughter in pain broke her. Her eyes nipped but no tears fell.

They sat in silence as the storm showed no signs of stopping. They gave up on movies an hour ago as it wasn't enough of a distraction and now lay in each others arms. It wasn't a cure for her daughters fear but it was a real comfort.

"Mummy, tell me a story?" her daughter whispered as the storm continued.

"A long time ago a young girl went to a boarding school. A boarding school is a school that you live in. This girl had lots of fun adventures there," and so the story began. When she was finished it was nearly half past nine and neither were feeling safe enough to sleep yet. Time was dragging by. Patricia was worried. Her husband should be home by now.

As if on cue she heard the door open downstairs and her daughter jumped in her arms. "It's fine honey, it's just daddy," she whispered.

Edison Miller get your butt up here right now," she screeched making her daughter laugh. He opened the door wearily but softened when he saw them curled up in bed. "We have been sitting here for nearly three hours. Next time tell your damn boss you've to come home or he'll have me to deal with," she shot him daggers.

"Are my two best girls scared?" he teased. He slid into the room.

"Daddy," his daughter screamed jumping into his arms.

"Come on baby, lets get you into bed. Nothing can hurt you now daddy's home," he smiled and took her into her room.

Fifteen minutes later he returned. "Sound asleep," he smirked proudly as his achievement. His smirk faded when he saw his terrified wife curled up in bed.

"Fancy coming to protect me?" she pleaded. He smiled and crawled in beside her, not bothering to change. His arms wrapped around her waist and his forehead came to rest on hers. Her force field no longer existed when it came to him and their daughter and he was so glad of it.

"Nothing to be scared off," he let his breath fan across her face. She smiled slightly at this and pulled him closer. "And next time if my boss refuses to let me leave early again, I'll just walk past him and come home anyways. My girls are more important than any job." Her smile grew at this statement.

"Hard to believe it but even after all these years I still love you doofus," she laughed.

"I love you too Yacker," he beamed. She still had that power over him. He was still whipped. Fifteen years later and he was still whipped. When it came to them, time didn't change anything. Time only brought more love and happiness.

"Should probably be getting to sleep soon," Patricia yawned. He stood up to leave. "How am I supposed to get to sleep if you're not here?" she pouted. She couldn't sleep without his arms around her. Every night for the last seven years she's slept with his arms around her.

"Calm down Yacker, I'm just getting changed. I'll be back in a minute," he grabbed shorts and a top before steeping into their en-suite to get changed. The thunder crashed and the lightening flashed until she couldn't take it. She jumped out of bed and into the bathroom just as he was putting on his top.

"Forget the top, I need you," she cried as her arms clung around him. He smirked. Guess he really was her protector.

-----------------------------

This maybe isn't as much Peddie as you wanted but oh well. This was supposed to get uploaded yesterday for Peddie one shot day but I forgot so its only half an hour late!

Sibuna !