Sappy Date

They laughed as they walked through the park. It was different. They never usually went on proper dates but their anniversary deserved it. It had been three years. Rows of flowers lined either side of the pathway as they laughed at something he had just said.

They were different people when they were together. They finally became themselves. It was an amazing feeling to have someone that you trusted enough to let them see the real you.

"Happy anniversary Yacker," he smiled.

"Happy anniversary Weasel," she leaned up and kissed his cheek.

Deep down he was a romantic guy and she was a romantic girl but nobody else knew this. When they were alone, like today, they didn't mind becoming that sappy couple even for an hour or two. They had no problem holding hands and kissing in front of people. They didn't see anything wrong in constantly telling each other how much they loved one another. They certainly didn't mind anything wrong with a little jealousy either.

At the moment it was Eddie's turn to be jealous. Patricia was buying them ice-cream from a stand across a field. A few guys approached her. They were your typical jocks- attractive, cocky and possessed the ability to get any girl they wanted. He couldn't take just standing here and watching. He began walking across the field to the ice-cream stand.

"So, you wanna come back to my place, I could show you a good time," the tallest one smirked.

"We could all get in in the action," another shouted.

Patricia didn't say anything but a smirk was gracing her lips. Eddie was worried, why was she smirking? Was she seriously considering going? He continued walking towards them.

"Wow, your so hot," the tall one smirked again. She smiled. "What you doing here yourself? You should have guys hanging from you?"

"I'm here with somebody," she replied. This sent a dagger straight through his heart. She was here with somebody, not her boyfriend or even her best friend, just somebody.

"Thank you," she smiled to the ice-cream man as he handed her the two cones. She looked over at the boy and smiled. Eddie was ready to break. She reached forward and shoved the ice-cream onto his face.

"That's my Yacker," Eddie muttered as he approached them.

"I got your ice-cream but I'm afraid we may have to share now," she smiled before taking his hand. He just laughed.

"Notice how when we do things like this we never ever argue," he pointed out. She nodded and leaned her head against his arm.

"Maybe we should just be like this all the time," she said as if she'd just had a epiphany. He looked at her in horror.

"Yacker, I love you and everything but people would think we had been abducted by aliens and sent back to earth with replacement brains," he whined.

"Aw weasel, I'm kidding," she laughed as she reached up to ruffle his hair. "I couldn't take holding hands with you all the time anyway."

"This is why I love you," Eddie smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

"Thanks babe," she smirked.

"No problem beautiful," he teased back.

"Pet names like that are so horrible," she shuddered. "I'll take Yacker any day," she smiled.

"And I'll be weasel or slimeball or cockroach, whatever mood your in," he smiled.

"I'm away to the ladies room," she added before running off to the nearest toilet. He sat down on a bench nearby

"Oh hey," a blonde girl whispered seductively as she sat down beside him.

"Um hi," he replied shakily. She got the wrong impression and smirked as she thought she made him nervous when he was really just worried incase Yacker dumped juice all over her.

"So what's your name? I'm Angel," she growled.

"I'm Eddie," he managed out while stifling a laugh at her name.

"It's really really nice to meet you Eddie," she scooted closer.

"You should probably leave," he cautioned her.

"Do I make you nervous?"

"No I'm here with my girlfriend."

"Well maybe you can call me later, she doesn't have to be your girlfriend forever."

"Oh I know she doesn't," he smiled.

At this point Patricia emerged from the tree she had been hiding behind.

"First of all, get out of here you little skank or you'll be needing an ambulance and second of all you really are a weasel," Patricia shouted.

Angel ran off quite embarrassed while Eddie just looked at Patricia confused.

"What did I do?" he asked as he pulled her out of earshot and into the trees.

"So when were you planning on dumping me? Today? Tomorrow? Next week?" she shouted almost crying.

"What?"

"You said I'm not going to be your girlfriend forever," she cried.

"Aw Yacker you got it all wrong. You can be my girlfriend as long as you want but when you're ready we can be even more," he smiled and took her hands.

"What?" She spluttered.

"Look at this," he said as he pulled out a bracelet.

She looked at it in amazement. It was a silver chain with a single charm on it- an infinity sign.

"See it's infinity because that's how long I'll love you," he put it on her wrist.

"You know you really are a big sap," she teased.

"But you love it," he laughed.

"Definitely," she giggled before kissing him.

--------------------

This one is a wee bit shorter but I couldn't have added much else on. I was gonna do the single person jealousy and I might do them next so you may have another chapter tonight!

Remember to follow, vote, comment and prompt.

Sibuna !