Contemplation

It was just a quiet stroll in the woods but it led me to think over everything that had happened in my life.

My parents left me here when I was eleven. Did they really dislike me that much? Was I that much of a burden? Piper was fourteen before she went to boarding school. She always was the favourite child though. I was the awkward one that wasn't really wanted. My parents didn't plan on having twins, they'd told us. I knew Piper was the one they would have chose though.

This led me to my next thought. I had built my walls up. Everything my parents ever said or did to me laid a brick, one by one. I was surrounded. I didn't let anyone in. I gave off a tough girl attitude so people would be afraid of me and stay away but that all changed when I met him.

At first I had no plans of ever going near that boy but he crept up on me. He grew on me. At first I honestly did dislike him but I didn't ever hate him. My dislike turned to fondness then honest affection then care then I began to like him and there was no going back.

Everything he said or did took down another brick, one by one. Eventually I was unprotected around him. Then we went to America. I met his friends. He was different around them. Here I was the one in control, he was chasing me but there he acted as if it was the opposite way round and I had begged him to date me. I got sick of his act. The only problem was I didn't know what version of him was the act. That day I broke it off I realised I had made the wrong judgement.

The look in his eyes as I kissed him goodbye assured me that the version of him I met in the UK was the real him. He did genuinely care for me. He did genuinely love me. I still had his jacket on as I explained to him how it wasn't working out. Not once did he ask for it. As I say in the plane, I took it off and clutched it to me chest silently crying. I didn't exactly care if these people saw my years, the chances of them ever seeing me again were one in a million. The jacket smelled like him. At the bottom of my bag I had a jumper of his.

When the term resumed it all became like an awkward tv show. We avoided each other at all costs but went to extreme lengths to make the other jealous. His like facade with KT was good but she told me there was nothing between them. Me and Jerome though, he never saw that one coming.

I liked to see him jealous, it let me know he still cared. I couldn't keep it up long though. Once I knew he wasn't over me I was a goner. We went back to the flirty banter and that was us. Set for life. This time though there was more PDA than last time. I knew how quickly I could mess up.

I remember one Sunday last month. Everyone had gone out but we'd stayed in for some 'Peddie time' as Amber would call it. It started off as a simple movie night but within an hour he was lying on the couch and I was on top him with my head on his chest and my arms round his neck as we watched the movie. Amber came back to find us like this and of course it was a scrapbook moment.

I felt bad for her. Everyone else laughed at her for her scrapbooks but I understood. She wasn't doing it for her, she was doing it for us. When we were broken up and I was really sad she gave me one. It was amazing. She caught everything. I never realised how we looked at each other. It was amazing how much a persons eyes can tell you. At that point I was still slightly in denial of my feelings for him but it was them I realised he was right we he said I was in love. He saw my eyes.

As I walked though the woods I reminisced about the many walks I had taken there with him. I sat under our tree. We always ended up there. We were carved into the bark.

"Yacker + Weasel"

I ran my finger over the lettering wishing he was with me. As if he could read my mind he emerged from the trees and slid down the tree to sit next to me. I liked the whole public type of couple thing. I sat next to him in every class much to the dismay of the majority of girls in our year.

I still cannot believe he was mine. This genetic perfection was one of a kind. It wasn't natural for a guy to be so flawless. He was mine. I loved it.