Better Off Without You

"Patricia?" Eddie asked cautiously as he saw that familiar red hair. They hadn't seen each each other in years, let alone spoke. She turned around slowly.

"Eddie is that you?" she laughed. He nodded. "How are you? What's been happening in your life?"

"I'm good. I finally actually graduated college. Got a job in a decent law firm near my apartment. My dad sorta passed a way though. Anyway what about you?" he asked excitedly.

"I graduated as well. Moved into London a few days ago. Are you living in England now?"

"Yeah I do," he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Hey boo, I found them," a blonde girl called from the other end of the aisle. She was holding up a bag of sweets. She came skipping over.

"Hi," Patricia smiled awkwardly. She put out her hand for the girl to shake but instead the girl leaned across and hugged her. "I'm Patricia," she continued.

"Me and Patricia..." Eddie trailed off.

"We went to school together," she continued for him.

"I'm Isabella," the blonde girl squeaked, "but Eddie-boo usually calls me Yacker cause I never stop talking," she giggled and caved into him.

"Does he now," Patricia raised an eyebrow and smirked at the boy who was starting to sweat under her gaze. "That's such an unusual nickname."

"Eddiekins, maybe we could repaint the living room yellow- it's such a bright and fun colour," Isabella smiled.

Isabella was not Eddie's usual type, or what Patricia thought was his type. He had changed though. He had ditched the leather jacket and biker boots and now was wearing blue jeans, white top and white converse. It was strange for her to see him so lightly coloured.

Patricia studied the girl closely. She was wearing a white floral dress and a pair of toms. Her hair was long blonde and curled to perfection. It was like a mix of Amber and Willow. She looked young, well younger than Eddie anyway.

"How old are you?" Patricia asked the girl. She didn't hold back, straight to the point.

"I'm nineteen," she chirped. Eddie was 27 that meant eight years of a difference. Wow. Eddie was clearly into younger women.

"So do you keep in touch with anyone? I lost touch with everyone years ago. What's happening with all of them?" Eddie tried to change the topic, aware of what Patricia was thinking.

"All of them and I was out on a date with Ben last week," she smirked.

"You're dating Ben," he almost choked.

"Was, I was dating Ben. He's a bit of a prick though. Oh and Willow's single. Alfie dumped her for Amber. Mara's in the North Pole doing research so Fabian and Nina are back on. Jerome and Joy are still together. Mick's coming out for dinner with me and Willow. Lovely guy so he is. It's a shame you never got to meet him, we all loved Mick. Trudy got married to Fabian's uncle last year and Victor is living quite near Nina and Fabian to look after her now the , you know, thing, doesn't look after her anymore. KT is with that guy from Isis. They met after college. You'll probably receive a wedding invite soon."

Eddie knew what she meant. The Osirian wasn't there to protect her. He couldn't believe she dated Ben. He only vaguely knew who Mick was but he was surprisingly jealous when she called him a nice guy.

"When did you and Ben break up?" Eddie asked before he could stop himself. He was unusually curious about her love life.

"Well we had only been going out for a few months but we broke up the day I left. I just kinda told him it was over, unlike my last boyfriend," she laughed.

"What did you do to him?" He didn't know why he was prodding so much at the subject of boyfriends.

"We got together a few weeks into college and we had been going out for six year or something. He hooked up with Piper then proposed to me the next day. I threw a jug of milk over him in the middle of the restaurant and walked away, it was quite fun really. Stupid American guy so he was," she laughed, "always on about how great a country it was and I was like god just go back there."

"Nice to know you think American's are stupid," Eddie huffed.

"Come on, you know I think you're way beyond stupid," she teased.

"Eddie-boo's a good, hardworking and clever man," Isabella spoke up.

"Oh please. This is the boy who had to skip at least three classes a week just to keep up his rep. Who was in detention nearly every week. I hardly think he's hardworking," she smirked.

"Eddie-boo? You told me you were good in school?" Isabella was clearly one of those heads full of air type girls. She was so ditsy it was unbelievable.

"I take it she doesn't know about the time all of us were forced out," Patricia laughed. Eddie shook his head. "Oh Eddie," she laughed and he laughed along with her.

"You were the bad influence though. I was fine until I met you and Fabian and KT and Alfie and Amber. To be fair it was really you that led me astray," he smirked.

"Eddieboo, lets leave," Isabella pouted.

"See you later, Patty," he smirked before walking away with his shopping trolley.

"He's mine so paws off," Isabella sneered before skipping after him.

Patricia just smirked.

She thought she was better off without him anyway.

Eddie always was a weasel after all.

-------------------------

Finally got another chapter in this. I'm actually so sorry I've not uploaded to this in ages but I've been so busy with College Years, cause its a continuing storyline it's so much easier to write and every time I started on this one I was like no that not good.

Well this is actually going to be a two or three shot.

If you're looking for regular updates, read my other story College Years.

Remember to follow, vote, comment and prompt.

Love you all do much!

Sibuna !