Better Off Without You- Part 3

"Did you make the right choice?" she bit her lip nervously. As she sat beside him, looking in his eyes, all the feelings she thought no longer existed came bubbling back up.

She wanted him. She loved him. She needed him.

"Letting you run away was the worst decision I ever made," he whispered as he lifted a hand to caress her cheek. Slowly she leaned forward and kissed him.

His stomach still flipped like it used to and his mind went all fuzzy like the only thing that would ever matter to him was her. His hands took hers and entwined their fingers as they kissed on the wall.

"Eddie, I still love you," she panted as she pulled away.

"I love you too Yacker," he smiled. "Come with me," he tugged on her hand and she followed him closely.

He led her back to his apartment. He placed her at the front door and walked in.

"Isabella, it's over. I can't keep pretending to myself that I love any longer," he said before walking back out. "Where do you stay?" he asked Patricia curiously. This time she tugged on his hand and led him up two flights of stairs.

"We live in the same building," he laughed in disbelief. She led him into the kitchen and grabbed drinks and food. He then went to sit down in her bed as he watched her insert a disk into the DVD player.

"The Notebook, we need a cheesy movie night now," she grinned before lying down next to him. He chuckled slightly but he didn't resist.

His arms wrapped around her waist protectively. He left like if he ever left her go he would lose the best thing that's ever happened to him, again. He just wanted to be with her forever. He never wanted to even think of her kissing another guy. He never even wanted to believe she would ever look at another guy.

Her arms went round his torso and her head lay in the crook of his neck. It was perfect. It was like with him everything about life was flawless and nothing could ever change that. He was flawless, at least in her eyes. He was everything she could have ever dreamed of, and more.

They sat in silence during the movie, enjoying each other company. It was so peaceful and tranquil. No words were needed to explain to each other how they both felt. They've could've spent their whole life lying on her bed together.

"Yacker," Eddie spoke up after the movie was done. She looked over at him. "You know, finding you again and rediscovering I still love you has made me realise I don't ever want you to go again, I never want you to replace me. I just want you forever," he whispered to her.

"I could never replace you," she nuzzled into him.

"I want a promise though. It's a lot to ask and I'm not exactly prepared but I hope you feel the same way I do. I know I don't have a ring or anything but Yacker will you marry me?" he pleaded.

"Eddie, I don't even know what to say, of course I'll marry you," she hugged him tightly. She cried tears of happiness into his t-shirt as his hands caressed her back.

---------

Fifteen months later she was walking down the aisle.

Her parents had been so relieved she and Eddie had gotten back together and his mother and step-father were equally as happy.

As she looked into his eyes and said the final, "I do," she realised that she really was getting a fairy tale ending. At the priests words he leaned down and kissed her before they both simultaneously said I love you. It was a perfect.

An hour ago she had walked down the aisle as Miss Williamson and now she was leaving as Mrs Sweet. She couldn't have dreamed of anything better.

Their meal was amazing and soon it was time for the first dance. He had picked the song and she still didn't know what it was.

"When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind," the lyrics of one of her favourite songs began. They swayed in time to the familiar beat of the Paramore song. His hand were wrapped tightly around her waist and hers were around his neck, their heads rested on each others shoulders.

"You are the only exception," she whispered to him. He was the only one she had ever said I love you to. He was the only exception to her rule. With him, she didn't have to worry about getting her heartbroken because he would never so that to her even if she had once broke his.

"I love you," he whispered to her.

"I love you," she whispered back.

"You don't know how amazing it feels for you to say," he murmured.

"Oh I do," she smiled. "It's the same way I feel when you say it," she whispered before she leaned up and kissed him. The family and friends in the room cheered as they kissed, unaware of the conversation which had just taken place between them.

------

Nine and a half months later he was opening the door to their house as Patricia carried their new baby girl in. He was beaming as he followed behind her, carrying her bag from the hospital.

Eddie watched as she took her from the carry seat and held her closely. His love for his daughter was unimaginable, almost as much as he loved Patricia. Patricia looked up to see him staring at them. She stood up and walked over to the couch opposite her. She handed their daughter to her husband and watched proudly as he cradled her gently.

"Sarah, I love you so much," he whispered. She was named Sarah, after Sarah Frobisher. "Yacker, I'm so proud of you," he nuzzled his head into his wife's neck as he looked down lovingly at his baby girl.

"I'm proud of us," she murmured wrapped an arm around him. Her other hand went to stroke her daughter rosy cheeks.

It was a picture perfect Sweet family moment. It was everything either of them could have dreamed off.

They definitely weren't better off alone.

--------------------------

So that's this one done. I'm nearly finished the Eddie self harm one too so that should be posted either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Thanks for putting up with the delay in uploads by the way, it means a lot that you're still reading this.

Remember to follow, vote, comment and prompt.

Sibuna !