The College Years

She walked in, her red hair swishing behind her as the wind blew in her face. He stood with her, their hands entwined as neither could hide the smiles on their faces. Her black heeled boots made a sound with every step and her jeans and top complimented her figure perfectly. He was dressed simple. V-neck with jeans, combat boots and of course a leather jacket. With her boots they were roughly the same height.

People looked at them as they walked confidently through campus. Nobody knew them but they had already made such an impression. Without any incentive or attempt, they had become the alpha couple within minutes.

She was here for Creative Writing with aspirations of becoming an author. He was here for History with aspirations of becoming a lecturer at the local colleges.

They stuck out like a sore thumb but a sore thumb everyone wanted.

At lunch everyone wanted to sit with them, it felt weird. Three girls and three guys sat with them. It was like Regina, Gretchen and Karen from Mean Girls and Troy, Chad and Zeke from High School Musical. The typically attractive ones everyone wanted to get with.

At lunch they had a usual fight.

"Pass the sauce Yacker?" he asked. "Do it yourself Slimeball," she retorted smirking. He rolled his eyes and got the sauce. "You could have helped me out," he added. "Nah, I'll leave you. What without running after Robert and the rest of us you need to start working out," she joked and the other girls all stared at his arms wishfully. They were muscular. They were hot. "Stop all your yacking and help me with snacking," he ordered. The boys all smirked at this. The girls smilied sickly. They sensed a break-up. Little did they know this was a daily routine. "So Patricia, if you need anyone to show around in free," the Troy of the boys offered with wink. She smiled politely and nodded half heartedly. "I can show you around Eddie," the Regina of the girls smiled.

This is when Peddie came into action. "I don't think me and my Yacker here were planning on spending much time on campus anyway," he apologised, "we've got an apartment a fifteen minute walk away." The Regina girl huffed silently but they all saw it. "Oh so I'm your Yacker now?" Patricia questioned putting emphasis on the 'your.' He smirked. "Who else would be kind enough to put up with you and you're nonsense?" They had forgotten about everyone else at the table. She leaned into his arm. This was a new start for them.

They had discussed it. PDA was acceptable now, they didn't have reps to maintain, they had reps to create. Back at Anubis their relationship had been through so much because people could never tell if they were together or broken up. They couldn't exactly change things back there as they had worked so hard to build up the rebel attitude. Here it was different. Nobody knew them so if they wanted to act like a couple then that was how it would stay.

"Jerry would," she laughed. "Fine then I'll go find KT," he laughed. They looked at each other and sighed. They remembered the jealousy they each felt. It was stupid, they were together, for good.

The other six just looked at them. They didn't know if they were serious or joking. Patricia stood up. "I'm away to cal Jerry," she stuck her tongue out. "I've for KT on speed dial," he retorted and they both stalked off leaving a very confused tablet. Dumping their food in bins at opposite ends of the canteen they met up at the main doors and linked hands before heading out.

Maybe it was fun to keep people guessing.

------------------

I can't decide if I like this one. It's nowhere near as much fluff but its still fun to write. Remember to vote, comment and follow.

Sibuna !