Victorious

"It's cancer."

I broke down. This couldn't be happening to me.

He held me. His eyes glazed over and I knew he was ready to cry. His arms were wrapped tightly around me as I cried into his shirt.

I adjusted my school uniform. "We had better get back," I said awkwardly. He nodded and stood up, helping me up. I was given a card with dates to come back on it then I left and we made our way back to Frobisher Academy.

The taxi was silent. Even though me and weasel had broken up over the summer, I still felt he was the only one I could properly trust. He knew me better than anyone and he knew something was wrong with me. He took me to the hospital when I was getting the tests done and he was with me now when I got he results. He said he would be with me through the treatment and I could feel myself starting to fall again. He was just there for me too much. I was trying to get over him, he liked KT. Being around him just made me feel at home though. We looked out the opposite windows almost ignoring each others presence.

"So how was it," Trudy asked wearily as we walked back into Anubis House. "Cancer," I whispered and ran up the stairs. I saw the colour drain from her face.

I lay on my bed and cried. I cried into my pillow. Patricia Williamson didn't cry but this was an exception.

I heard a knock on my door. "Trudy I'm fine," I called. I heard the door being unlocked from the other side. I knew it was him. He opened the door and awkwardly smiled showing me the kirbie. "Guess I should give you this back," he said coming to sit next to me. "It's not as if I'm going to need it. I've got cancer. I'll be getting chemotherapy. My hairs just going to fall out," I shouted. He looked at me knowingly. Even we when "hated" each other when he first came he could read me like a book. I wasn't angry with him and he knew it. I was angry at myself.

---------------

I started my chemotherapy this morning. Eddie was there, holding my hand while the drip was inserted in other one. I was shivering slightly as the ice mittens were placed on my feet, these were in ensure minimal damage to my nails. He looked at me biting his lip. He took off his jacket and draped it round my shoulders. I smiled thanking him.

After my round of chemo I felt absolutely exhausted. He helped me into the taxi and we made our way back to the school. I was preparing myself for my last few days with hair. I was to go twice a week for chemo, Wednesday and Saturday. We had talked to Mr Sweet and Eddie was allowed to accompany me to the hospital. I was scared of what was going to happen to me. I was so focused on getting better that I didn't even notice myself falling for him until I saw him with KT. The jealousy was unreal.

I didn't even dare approach him. I avoided him until Saturday morning. We hadn't told anyone else. We were just sneaking out the door when Amber waltzed down the stairs. "Oh Peddie sneaking off," she giggled. "Actually I'm..." I was going to say but stopped before I could finish my sentence. "We've got detention," he covered for me, "we didn't want to wake anyone." She nodded and smiled gleefully before prancing into the lounge.

--------------

It's been three months. I stopped chemo a month ago. My hair stayed, thankfully. Eddie was with me through it all. No one else knew, well apart from Trudy and Sweetie but they wouldn't dare tell anyone.

I was getting my results back. Either I was clear or I had another round of chemo. I grabbed his hand as we walked into the waiting room. "What if I'm going to die?" I asked getting worried, "would you come to the funeral." He rolled his eyes. "Yacker, I'll be the one in the front row crying and holding into your coffin begging you to wake up. Who else is going to insult everything I do," he laughed and I smiled. He always knew how to cheer me up.

"Miss Williamson, Dr Gellar will see you now," a perky woman called out. I found it disgusting how she could be so happy when she's telling people to go. Ind out their fate. Eddie stood up. I didn't.

"Yacker, you can do this. You'll be fine. I swear. I'm here for you," he said. He offered me his hand and I took. He was too unbelievable cute. I can't believe I ever broke up with him. "Miss Williamson, please sit down," he said and Eddie and I say on the leather seats.

"This may come as a bit of a shock to you," he continued as my grip in Eddies hand tightened. It wasn't gone, I knew it wasn't gone. The tears pricked my eyes and Eddie was looking at me worriedly.

"You're free of cancer," he finished.

I was speechless. In three months I had beaten cancer. Eddie and I stood up simultaneously. I cried into his shirt, just like I had when they discovered the cancer. This time though it was years of happiness.

I leaned up and kissed him. The weird part was, he kissed me back. Now I knew I was cancer free I didn't have to worry about him only dating me because I was going to die soon.

"So... would you like to be MY Yacker again?" he asked hopefully. I knew the answer. I leaned up and kissed him again.

Patricia Williamson.

I beat cancer on 09/12/2012

I am also back together with Eddie.

Life doesn't get much sweeter.

------------------------------

Yeah I know there isn't much Peddie in this one but I wanted one to show how Eddie would be there for her through everything and I felt cancer was the best way to show it. 1/3 of people will be affected by cancer at some point so I felt it was a realistic situation.

Remember to fan, vote and comment.

Sibuna !