Through The Years

"I'm Eddie," the five year old smiled to the brunette girl. He reached out to shake her hand.

"I'm Patricia and don't dare call me Patty because that's stupid and girly," the girl smiled back.

"You like to talk. Maybe I can call you blabs or Yacker, yeah Yacker sounds good," he smirked. Even at five he had the cocky smirk that would one day melt hearts.

"And I'll call you slime ball because you're nose is runny," she laughed. "So where are you from? You're voice sounds weird," she asked him.

"I'm from America but me and mummy moved here last week," he shrugged.

"I don't like Americans. They're not nice people," she spat.

"Do you know any Americans?" he challenged.

"I know you," she teased and ran away.

----

"I can definitely beat you up that tree slime ball," she giggled and ran off. He sighed and chased after her. It was what they did.

"Yacker, you're such a cheater," he whined when he reached the top of the tree where their treehouse was. "You didn't say get set, go," he continued to complain.

"And you call me Yacker," she teased. He rolled his eyes.

"You are a Yacker," he smirked.

----

"Ew," they whispered simultaneously as they watched a video in class about babies being made. Her eyes were squeezed shut and he was just groaning. The rest of their class made noises of disgust.

"Children you are thirteen now, I expect good mature conduct from all of you," their teacher snapped. It wasn't like they didn't already know about it but watching it happen was rather disgusting for them.

"That's just horrible. We shouldn't be allowed to watch that," Patricia shuddered. Eddie just smirked. She was uncomfortable with anything like that. She didn't even like watching people kiss.

She shuddered again and he reached under the table and grabbed her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. She glared at him but didn't let go. She needed something to hold on to or she was gonna throw up. Physical contact was not her thing.

Eddie was different. Around everyone she was the tough girl who never showed any emotion but her and Eddie had been friends so long that he knew her as well as she knew herself.

She let him in, eventually. She let herself be herself but only when it's just with him. Nobody else can know that she does have a soft fun-loving side.

----

"Edison Miller I hate you," she screeched at her boyfriend.

"I hate you too Patricia Williamson," he screamed back.

She turned and couldn't help but let the tears fall. She couldn't even remember why they were fighting but it didn't matter now. She couldn't control the tears. She loved him. She had told him she loved him and he said he loved her too.

She lay in her bed shaking violently as sobs racked her body. She heard a knocking on the door to her balcony.

"Hey Yacker, I'm sorry, I don't hate you," she could hear him whisper through the glass doors. She stopped crying but refused to speak to him. Through the thin white curtain she saw his silhouette lie down on the ground. She groaned inwardly. She wasn't gonna leave him like that. She grabbed a pillow and a few blankets and tossed them out.

The next morning she awoke to see him still asleep on her balcony. She sighed.

"Come on inside slime ball," she sighed again and shoved his shoulder. He smiled as he stood up.

"I love you," he grinned.

"I love you too," she smiled.

She pulled on his hand and led him over to her bed. He waited for her to lock the balcony door before she pulled him onto the bed beside her where his arms automatically wrapped round her. She snuggled closer into him. He kissed her head then they both fell back asleep.

----

"Oh my baby! I can't believe you're going to college already," Mrs Miller cried as Eddie put the last of his bags in the boot of his car.

"Mum calm down," Eddie groaned slightly. She continued to cry as he walked over and wrapped her in a hug.

"Bye Eddie," Mrs Williamson muttered as they hugged, getting slightly teary.

"See at Christmas," Mr Williamson smiles as they hugged.

"I'm going to quite miss you," Piper smiled sadly as they hugged. "She's inside," she muttered as they hugged so only Eddie would hear.

He slid past everyone and walked in the Williamson household. He knew it like his own house. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he tried to figure out where she'd be hiding.

He walked down the long hallway and saw her gazing out of the window. He walked up and wrapped his arms around her from behind. His chin rest on her shoulder as he let out a heavy breath.

"Not coming to say goodbye to me? I see how it is," he teased.

"Now why would I ever do that?" she laughed.

"Because you're going to miss me," he pouted. She giggled.

"In the forty-eight hours before I move down there with you I shall try not to break my heart with missing you," she joked.

"This is the first time since we met that I'll go a whole twenty-four hours without seeing you," he smiled sadly. A single tear fell from her left eye.

"Don't tell me that weasel. This is why I'm in here cause then everyone else won't see me cry," she mumbled, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

Quickly she let go and ran upstairs. Minutes later she emerged with three suitcases.

"I'm coming with you," she squeaked. He looked at her surprised. "Okay I know it seems pathetic but I'd miss you far too much so I'm coming. All my stuff was already packed so I'll just switch my flights."

"Eddie, you'd better be leaving soon," Mr Williamson called as he entered the room. He looked in to see his daughter standing at the bottom of the stairs with her suitcases.

"I'm going with him daddy," she smiled. Her dad just nodded. He had expected this anyway. He pulled out an envelope and handed it to her.

"Here, we switched your tickets yesterday- your mum and I expected you to go with him," he smiled.

After a teary goodbye they were in the car on the way to the airport.

----

They stood on the porch of her old house smiling proudly. His arm automatically went around her waist and she sighed happily into his chest.

"We did it," she grinned. He nodded and kissed her hair.

"Mummy, my rooms so big," their five year old daughter screamed happily as she ran out the door to join them.

"And I don't have to share a room with her," their three year old son shouted as he joined them.

Patricia and Eddie smirked. They definitely were feisty, just like their parents.

-------------------------------

So this is slightly based off Mary's Song by Taylor Swift but I quite enjoy writing AU Peddie. I know a few of you didn't like the Jadekely one but I had actually fully written one out but then I read one that was basically the exact same so I wrote the complete opposite, I am however planning to write a sequel which should be a little more uplifting.

Remember for follow, vote, comment and prompt.

Sibuna !