Missing You

She was alone eating a late night meal. Microwave mac-and-cheese. She had never felt so alone. Her mind always wandered back to that boy.

Did he miss her as much as she missed him? Did he relate almost everything to something about their relationship? Did he long for her as much as she longed for him?

She imagined him sitting on that large chair by the window as he looked across New York, just as they had done together so many times before. This time though, he would be himself. She wouldn't be holding him so tightly as she used to. There would be no name-calling or teasing. It would just be him. She imagined that he too would be thinking of everything they once had.

She wanted him to know how much she missed him but that would appear weak. She wanted to come home and lie with him for hours but that wasn't possible now. She just wanted them.

Did he think she had already found someone? Those first few days he had tried calling and texting but this only made her cry. She was too scared to reply. He was doing everything he could to salvage what they lost in some stupid argument but she kept pushing him away the same as she always did.

He was the one who broke her down. He was the one who took the time to get to know her. He was the one who she wanted to be with forever. He was the one who was the one.

She couldn't reach back out to him though. They had lost it all in that one stupid night and although they could recreate it all, the fear of another goodbye would never leave her. She had always been scared about anything to do with relationships. Goodbye's were never an option. She couldn't take another one, it would break her completely.

Did he ever think of things like this? Did he remember how scared she was? Did he think he would never have to say goodbye again?

Questions swirled in her mind leaving her dazed and confused about everything. She couldn't tell what was right and what was wrong. It was all so complicated but then again, everything between them always was.

Tears silently slid down her cheeks as she moved to her couch. She curled up and let it all out. This had happened every night for the last three weeks. She feared this would happen forever. She was a mess- an emotional wreck. He had scarred her. She wouldn't ever love someone that much again. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and they threw it all away.

She dreamed about him every night- well it was more like nightmares. She would wake up screaming and covered in tears. He was always there, comforting her and telling her things would be okay but then he would leave her cold and broken, this is when she would wake up. After this she would curl up in his jumper and as hard she tried, sleep would never return.

His scent filled her room and the pillow still smelled like him from all the times he had slept there. Various pieces of his clothes were scattered around the floor, she couldn't bring herself to return them but then again he had some of hers which remained in his property.

She had become what she always said she wouldn't. She was a lovesick fool. She had spent so long blocking out all emotions that when she felt things for him, they all came crashing down in the one go. He was her everything. He was her reason to live, even if they were apart.

She had another of his jumpers on the couch so she curled up inside that. It reminded her of everything good in life and for those few moments, nothing could bring her down. Loving him was like a drug, once you started it was impossible to stop. He was difficult to resist and impossible to forget.

She wanted to think he was missing her. She wanted to think he felt the same as she did. She wanted to think a lot of things but knew that he could have anyone he wanted. He didn't need her.

She loved him in ways you could never imagine. She knew that he loved her too. She knew that at one point he had felt everything she felt. She didn't deny that they loved each other, they did. She didn't dent they had their differences, they did. She would however deny if someone said they never worked, they did.

He was the cocky hot guy. She was the girl who was unafraid to put people in their place. He liked to think nobody could resist him. She was beautiful in the inside and out if you took the time to get to know her. He had his mind changed about everything he ever knew about love when he met her. She was given a hope that maybe there is a true love for everyone. He had fallen for her. She had fallen for him. They were completely mismatched but they were more perfect together than any other relationship ever was.

As she cried into his jumper she remembered all the time she had sat and cuddled with him on that couch. All the feelings that she didn't mean to feel, they just came. All the secret kisses and sweet nothing's shared between them.

As she cried she heard the phone ringing. She knew it was him, it was always him. She almost answered but fear swallowed her whole.

"Hey Yacker, I know how scared you are of things to do with relationships so in guessing you're hearing this but just not picking up so here goes. I love you. I love you more than anything in the world and I just want to be able to call you mine again. I just want you to know how much you mean to me. I can't live without you Yacker. I need you. When you left you took a part of me with you and now I'll spend my life looking for it. I love you and I know you loved me so please. I just want us. I wish you would pick up because I really need to hear your voice. Well anyways. I love you more than you could ever imagine and I'll try again tomorrow. I love you Yacker," he chocked down the phone. She reached across and picked it up but by the time she had grabbed it, he was gone. He was always gone.

She loved him. That love kept burning when every night he would call and confirm everything she wanted to believe.

She loved him. Eddie Miller. That stupid boy who stole her heart.

--------------------------

This ones a but depressing but it was prompted ages ago

Remember to follow, vote, comment and prompt.

Sibuna !