36 Family

Scarlett

I felt like I was suddenly woken up and my eyes didn't give me time as they shot open and the bright light blinded me, causing me to shut my eyes again. I then slowly felt my ears open up and started hearing faint beep sounds.

I gave it another try and this time, I slowly fluttered my eyes open.

I looked around and saw a white ceiling, daylight and a room which seemed like a hospital room.

That's when everything started flooding in....

Cameron...Emma...Selena...yelling pulling and then black.

I gasped and sat up suddenly and the beep sounds got louder.

"Scar...Scar hey, it's okay" I looked beside me to see Justin, still in the suit he wore to office.

"Justin what happened? Is our baby alright?" I asked in a hurry and He just pressed my head to his chest and stroked my hair.

"Our baby is all fine...and so are you" He said and I felt myself relax.

He sat down on the stool beside my bed and grasped my hand. His eyes were red at the corners and had bags under them and he looked completely exhausted.

"Wh-what happened...I don't remember anything after blacking out" I said.

He sighed and made me sit comfortably and then sat on the edge of my bed instead.

"You started bleeding and Cam brought you here. Emma called me and I rushed here too.....trust me Scarlett, I had never been so afraid in my life and I've never felt so helpless ever before.....I was so scared and then the doctor came out and said that it's too difficult for him to save both of you, he said that we'll have to lose either you or the baby and had given the whole condition in god's hand...I couldn't do anything but hope that you two will be fine. I was at my weakest when the doc came out again and said that you both made it.....I was so scared Scar...I almost lost you" He was full on sobbing when he finished speaking and then hugged me tightly and continued sobbing in my neck.

I pressed my cheek against his shoulder and smiled a small smile.

I've never seen him so vulnerable and what more do I need to believe that he loves me more that he's loved anyone else.

"It's okay Justin....I'm fine now" I said and he pulled out a little.

I smiled at him and he just smashed his lips on mine.

I sighed I content and tangled my fingers in his hair while moving my lips with his.

I gasped and pulled away when I heard a throat clear and we saw Cam standing at the door.

"You'll should be thankful that I came in before the parents" He said as he walked in and he was followed by Emma, Mama Jen, Louisa and mine and Justin's parents.

"Oh honey are you alright?" Mom and Pattie rushed to me and kissed all over my head.

"I'm alright now mom...." I said and wiped her tears away.

"And so is my baby bug" I said and ran my hand over my bump.

She smiled and nodded.

"We were so worried darling..." Pattie pulled my head to her chest and I hugged her bag.

"Well I can see that" I said jokingly but I just got glares in return from everybody.

When she pulled away a miserably sobbing dad came and sat down beside me.

"Dad..." I whispered in awe and surprise. I've never seen him cry like that.

"I....I didn't want you when you were born....I wanted a boy to take over the business. But yesterday was a revelation to me...I've never been so afraid of losing something Scarlett...not my money not my business. If someone would've come up to me yesterday and said that my daughter and grandchild would be alright if I give away whatever I've earned all my life, I would've give away everything in a heartbeat....everything..." He sobbed and hugged me.