31 So Close to Death

Scarlett

“Scar, dear would you stop pacing around the room and eat something, I’m sure Justin is fine” Mama Jen said.

“I can’t think about eating something right now Mama Jen, he said he’ll be landing by 6:30 pm and it’s 10 pm right ow and he’s not picking up any calls, nor dismissing them, hasn’t even texted me anything!” I said and bit on my thumb nail.

“Must’ve got caught up in work” She said and I shook my head.

“He never forgets to inform me Mama Jen….” I said and plopped down on the couch trying to figure out the weird bubbling feeling in my stomach.

Justin had flew to Texas yesterday for some work and was supposed to return today by 6:30 and he hasn’t even when it’s 10.

Something is definitely wrong and it’s not work.

My phone rang but it was just another call from Pattie.

Mom, dad, Cam and Pattie have been blowing up my phone since I told them he hasn’t returned.

“Is he home?” She asked.

“No, I will let you know when he does” I said.

“Yes, I’m getting more and more worried as the time is passing” I said.

“Me too” I said.

“He’ll be back” I mumbled.

“Yes, he will, call me when he does” Pattie said and hung up.

Just then Cam blew up my phone and I picked up.

“He hasn—

“Scar, listen to me and don’t freak out, Justin is safe but his plane got into turbulence and crashed in the middle of a forest, luckily the pilot lost control only when they were about to land so there’s no major harm, they’re out of network but Jay’s bodyguard managed to call me up and inform me, I’m on my way there, don’t freak out okay?” He said but that was too late.

My palms had already started sweating and heart was thudding loudly.

“P-plane crashed?” I breathed.

“He’s safe Scarlett, he’s alright, don’t worry” He said.

“How can I not Cam! How do I know he’s fine!?” I yelled over the phone and felt the tears escape my eyes.

“Sh…sh I’ll be there in a minute, calm down” He said and hung up.
I placed my hand over my mouth as my shoulders shook.

“What’s the matter?” Mama Jen asked while she herself was terrified.

“H-his plane crashed. But he’s safe because the pilot lost control when they were closer to the ground….but I don’t know….how he—

I was cut off by my own sob and Mama Jen pulled me in a hug.

“He’ll be fine Scarlett, he’s a strong man” She said and rubbed my back.

The bell rang and I shot up on my feet.

“Must be Cam, I’ll get it” I said and ran to the door.

I opened it and Cam instantly hugged me and shut the door behind him with one hand.

“Sh Scarlett I told you he’s fine” He said.

“I want to talk to him please” I said.

“We can’t Scar, they’re out of range, he’s lost his phone, they’re on their way though so chill” He said and I shook my head.