15 Bumper Cars

'Bumper Cars...we're bumper cars, the more I try to get to you, the more we crash apart' – 'Bumper Cars' by Alex and Sierra.

Justin

It was 4 am in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I was sitting on the couch in the living room with all the lights on while sipping on a beer.

Last night was going on so well but Cam had to destroy it.

When Scarlett went to talk with Cameron, she didn't come back for ten minutes and when she came......

I was about to go and check where Scarlett is but I stopped when I saw her walking towards me.

"Hey, took you long" I said, I extended my hand for her so that we could go and dance again but she didn't take it. She looked so lost.

"I....I uh, Cameron wants me to go home with him. He seems disturbed, should I go?" She said and I clenched my fists.

"What can I say? Go if you want to" I said and shrugged but mentally, I was pinning her to a wall and yelling at her, telling her to never go with him anywhere.

"I'll be staying there, I'll bring your lunch in office, you will obviously leave before I come" She said and I nodded.

It took everything in me to keep a straight face.

I knew what Cameron will do....he'll talk her into it. He'll show her how her and I are getting closer and then she'll drift away from me again. He'll make her feel guilty for getting so close to him and then suddenly forgetting him because of me.

I wanted to be so mad at her...so so mad but I couldn't as she leaned in and placed one hand on my cheek and kissed the other cheek. So softly....as if I would fall apart if she does it any harder.

This was the first time she had done something like that and I had no space to cherish it. I was too hurt and mad at the moment.

But something about that kiss told me that she didn't want to go too but she had to. I nodded and she slowly walked away.

I felt so weak for running into the restroom and crying after that. I don't really cry that often but I just couldn't hold it back at that time.

I don't know what to do when she comes at my office with the lunch this afternoon. But the worst part is, I doubt whether she'll even come there. I wonder if she hates me by now.

I should've listened to Nina.

I should've kissed her and I should've denied when she asked me if she should go with him. I should've stopped her.

I flicked on the T.V and put on a random show, I wasn't really paying attention at the T.V, and my phone started ringing suddenly. I wondered who would call me so late.

'Ugly Face' the caller ID read and I picked it up after bracing myself for what's to come next.

Maybe something like 'Hey man, I just called to tell you that Scarlett hates you and she's never coming back to stay with you ever again'

"Hello..." I said.

"Didn't expect you to be awake but I still tried, what are you doing?" He said.

"Just....working" I sighed.

"I was wondering if we can meet in the morning, I wanna talk to you about something"

"About what? We can talk now" I said.

"No, we can't do it over the phone, can I come your office?" He asked.

"Okay....be there at around 9" I said.