14 We're Progressing

Scarlett

I checked my outfit one last time in the mirror with an even more observant eye. I was wearing a black bralette with noddle straps and a body con black pencil skirt. I had paired it with a delicate diamond locket and black pointed heels. I had styled my hair myself, made them a little wavy and fluffy giving myself a bold look.

Because Justin wants me to 'show everybody who's the boss'.

'All Black' was the theme of the business party Justin was taking me too.

I spent an hour with Mama Jen to decide whether wearing this bralette would be fine of not because it showed a little bit more than enough of my chest. It wasn't trashy but it wasn't really my type. God knows why I bought it. I bet that Emma must've forced me to buy it.

My look and outfit was so non-me but anyways, I grabbed my clutch and left the room after making sure that all the three pups were sleeping.

I kept in mind that I was wearing 4 inch heels while I got down the stairs and did it more carefully.

I heard Justin and Mama Jen talking when I got into the living room.

"She will be com—There she is!" Mama Jen said when she saw me.

Justin turned around to face me and he took his time to run his eyes up and down my body till he was satisfied. Usually, it would make me uncomfortable but this time, it sparked a new confidence in me.

"You look so amazing sweetheart!" Mama Jen said and I smiled at her.

"Thank you Mama Jen" I said and walked to Justin who was still staring at me with his hands in his pockets.

"Alright, we're leaving now, see you tomorrow Mama Jen" Justin said and hugged her.

The 'see you tomorrow' clearly stated that we're going to have a long time at the party.

After that he surprisingly wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Let's go?" He asked.

I nodded and we got out of the house. Justin doesn't hold my waist or my hand until we're around people who think of us as the perfectly happy couple.

Something about his touch and hold this time was intoxicating. His hand was placed lower than usual, on my hips and his grip was firm, almost squeezing my hips and he held me closer than usual.

I only realized that I was holding my breath after he opened the door of the sleek black Limousine for me and let me sit in.

I don't know why but this seemed to work me up too much, his touch was intimate this time and I could feel it.

I took a couple of breaths to calm myself but my efforts went vain when he sat in next to me and his hand draped on the backrest of my seat and I could feel his hand since my back was leaning against the seat.

Every time the car would come across a bump, his hand would accidently brush against my bare shoulders causing goose bumps to cover my skin.

It was strange and frustrating the way such a small and subtle touch had such an effect on me.

I could've leaned forward or shifted away a little but on the contrary, I craved his touch this time, I was enjoying how close he was sitting to me while his warmth radiated through him.

"What's this?" I shivered when his thumb gently brushed the inside of my right wrist.

"Oh this, Phil was a little too excited for me to hold him and his claws scratched a little there" I said while his thumb kept brushing over it, igniting ever ending of every nerve in my body.