11 Sick

Scarlett

It was 7:30 pm and I was sitting on the couch all dressed up for mine and Justin's first family dinner and he still hadn't returned home. He said that Sunday's are usually off days for him but he had an urgent meeting.

I hope he makes it on time; it really wouldn't be nice to show up late on our first family dinner.

My leg was bouncing up and down vigorously as I stared at my phone while mentally debating on whether I should call him or not. Just as I was about to call him, the doorbell rung and I shot up from the couch and rushed to the door.

I opened the door and Justin quickly got in.

"I'm so sorry, I got so caught up in work, I'll just freshen up quickly and come okay" He said.

I nodded and helped his take off his blazer. Mama Jen handed him a glass of water which he gulped down in a second and rushed upstairs.

"He is always on a run" Mama Jen said and shook her head as she took his blazer from my hand.

"He takes the work too seriously" I said.

"He's just trying to fulfill the dreams of his father" Mama Jen sighed and walked away.

When Justin came down, he had changed in a black suit and sleeked his hair with gel. I spotted that he had worn his tie inverted.

"Let's go?" He said while trying to put his cuffs when he got in front of me.

"You've worn your tie wrong" I said while fighting a smile.

He looked a little pale though, his eyes were slightly red and he looked exhausted.

"Oh god...." He huffed and his shoulders slumped.

My hands reached up and undid his tie. He had even forgotten to put the top most button on. I kept my eyes from widening when I saw a fresh looking red bruise on his neck just above his collarbone.

I brushed away my thoughts when I thought it was a hickey. He noticed the look on my face and quickly did the button up.

Now I really think that he and Samantha are what I think they are.

I decided to put that thought away and started putting up the tie.

"We are r-really l-late aren't we?" He said trying to take my attention away from what I saw while I was busy with his tie.

"It's okay we still we have a little time" I said.

He kept watching my face as I did his tie and then straightened his collar.

"Let's go" I said and he adjusted his suit.

"Goodbye Mama Jen" He said to her.

"Goodbye sweetheart, goodbye Scar" She said and I smiled at her before we walked out of the door.

Mama Jen was a very sweet woman, she told me about how she's been taking care of Justin since he was a baby and that's why they are so close. She is a really kind woman and I already love her.

Justin opened the door of the car for me as usual and I sat in. He sat in next to me and huffed when the driver started to drive and placed his head back on the head rest.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just feel a little drained" He said while his eyes were still closed.

He suddenly started coughing hard and I took the water bottle and handed it to him after opening the cap.

I rubbed his back while he gulped down the water and handed the bottle back to me.