26 So Near but So Far

Justin

I woke up at around 8 in the morning and felt my head pounding again. I groaned and buried my face in the pillow.

Oh the perks of drinking mugs over mugs of beer in a clustered bar till you're blind.

I sat up when the pain subdued a little and then grabbed the glass of water and Tylenol from the nightstand and gulped it down.

I showered up and dressed myself for office and got downstairs. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Scarlett helping Mama Jen chop something at the counter while Mama Jen was making eggs.

As much as I wanted to go and hug Scarlett and kiss her good morning, I couldn't.

Why? Because I'm an absolute idiot.

I sat down at the table and they both looked at me when they realized I was here.

"Good morning honey" Mama Jen chirped but Scarlett just ignored and got back to working.

"Good morning Mama Jen" I mumbled and sighed.

Mama Jen, then placed a dish of eggs and bacons in front of me but just as I was about to start, someone placed a glass full of milk and I looked up to see Scarlett.

"It'll help with the headache" Was all she mumbled before walking away and I sighed again.

She probably saw me coming home drunk last night.

I drank the milk first and then ate my breakfast silently and then stood up.

"Goodbye Mama Jen.... Goodbye Scar" I mumbled before leaving the kitchen while suppressing the urge to breakdown when I only got a reply from Mama Jen.

I was just going to open the door when...

"Justin..." I heard Scarlett call me.

I took a shaky breath in before turning around.

"Yeah?" I asked; my voice barely audible to myself.

Please just run to me and kiss all this pain away...please.

"Come home on time, the family dinner is at Lopez's house tonight" She said.

Today is Sunday? Wow...I've lost all track of time.

"Okay" I nodded.

She looked at me for a second before turning around and going back into the kitchen.

---------------------------

The day in office was going heavier than usual. I couldn't concentrate at all. Samantha has been acting weird, asking me about how Scarlett is doing since I joined work again.

My stomach reminded me that it's lunch time but I probably wasn't going to get any lunch. I shook my head and sighed before placing my head on the table and let all the feelings out.

I couldn't control my tears as the pain was becoming so much that I could feel it physically. I miss her so much.

How the hell did she go from the person who destroyed my life to the person who became a reason for me to live. I heard a soft knock on the door so I sat up and started wiping my face but before I was done, Scarlett stepped in with a bag in her hand.

I can't leave my face tear stained nor can I wipe it, either ways she'll know I was crying. I decided to wipe them away but I was too late, she had already caught me as she looked at me with a softer gaze while she walked to me and sat across me.