13 Sorry

Scarlett

I couldn't think straight while I sat in the car and the driver drove me to Justin's office. I was so confused about the way he acted in the morning, he's never like that.

He even forgot his lunch box. That's why I was going to his office, to give him his lunch box.

A couple of people wished me on my way to Justin's floor.

When I reached there, I saw Samantha at the reception.

"Good afternoon Samantha" I said to gain her attention.

"Oh, good afternoon" She said while removing her specks.

"I've brought Justin's lunch box for him, should I go in?" I said.

"Lunch box?" She raised an eyebrow and I nodded

She thought for a second and a subtle smirk formed on her lips.

"Okay, go on" She said.

I waited for a second for her to change her mind but she didn't so I opened the doors of Justin's cabin and entered in.

When I did, I saw Justin giving a presentation while a couple of people sat at his table.

"So this is how we will- Scarlett?" Justin said when he saw me and all the rest of them looked at me too.

And I knew that I had interrupted something important, thanks to Samantha.

"Why are you here?" He asked rather rudely and it told me that his bad mood hadn't subdued yet.

"I uh....I brought you lunch box, you forgot i-in the morning" I said and he tensed up.

"Um, I sorry, please excuse me" He said to those people and fast-walked to me before grabbing my arm tightly and dragged me out of the cabin and shut the door behind him.

"Oh my god Scarlett, why did you come in like that!? Samantha why didn't you stop her!" His loud voice clearly stated that he was not happy with what I've done and the look on his face scared me.

"I did sir, but she did not listen" Samantha said and I looked at her in disbelief and she looked away from me.

Before I could say anything else, Justin spoke

"Do you have an idea how much you've embarrassed me in front of all those people because of this shitty lunch box of yours!" He yelled and I flinched.

Now that hurt.

"But you didn't even h-have the breakfast a-and Pattie—

"Mom was being a mom, you didn't have to take her so seriously for god's sake Scarlett....Shit!" He yelled again and all the staff was staring at us. It took everything in me to keep my tears from falling.

"You know what, just go home Scarlett, I don't need no lunch" He said and turned around.

There was no point of saying anything else so I turned around too and started walking to the elevator. I kept my head down, not wanting all the people to see the tears that were falling down my face.

I got out of the elevator and rushed inside the car and told the driver to take me home.

I took deep breaths to calm myself down and wiped my face clean with the heel of my palms.

When Mama Jen opened the door for me, she started questioning about why I brought the lunch box back. I told her that he had already ordered a fruit salad for him and eaten it.