9 Home

Scarlett

I opened the door of my room and threw all the shopping bags on the bed. I had shopped so much. All of them were gifts for mine and Justin's family since Justin had clearly forgotten that we're supposed to give everybody something and gone to wherever with Cameron to have some 'Bestie time'.

I sighed and looked at the bag which had the sweater I knit for Justin when I went to meet grandma for the last time this morning since it was our last day in Paris.

When I went there, granny was knitting a scarf for me and I asked her to teach me how to knit. When the question of 'what to knit as my first knit' arrived, I could only think of Justin and knitting something for him.

Granny was just as surprised as I was at myself when I told her that I wanted to knit a t-shirt sweater for Justin. She taught me anyways and I ended up knitting a white sweater with red horizontal stripes over it.

I don't even know if he's going to take that. I should just give it to Cam. But the thing is, I made it for Justin and giving it to Cameron would be like dumping it to him because I'm too unsure how my husband would react to it.

But the option of giving away the sweater to Cam was stroked off when Justin entered my room and shut the door. I knew I had to give it to him when I saw him smile slightly at me.

"Hey, I just came to see if you were back, whoa you shopped a lot" He said when he looked at the bags.

"Yeah, I got gifts for both of our families" I said.

"Oh right, that had totally slipped from my mind" He said.

"Did you visit granny today?" He asked and I nodded.

"She taught me h-how to knit" I started off.

"Oh" He said and watched me as I stood.

My shaky hands grabbed the bag that had Justin's sweater and I removed it from the bag and threw the bag back on the bed.

"Um, I uh....I-I knit this for you" I mumbled shyly and handed him the folded sweater.

I concluded that my mind was playing games with me when I saw his eyes light up.

"For me?" He asked and I nodded while looking down at his feet.

I watched him from the corner of my eye as he unfolded the sweater and held it by the shoulders so he could see it.

"I'm gonna try this on" He said.

I kept my eyes to the floor as he got rid of the t-shirt he was wearing. I didn't want to blush like a school girl by seeing him shirtless. But you know, I couldn't even blame myself. He's just.....flawless?

"This is so soft" he said and I looked up to see that he had put it on and it fitted him perfectly.

He was running his hands over his front while feeling the fabric of the sweater.

"Wow, I like it, it looks good" He said with a small smile while looking down at it. He hadn't even looked in the mirror at himself.

I spotted his collar that was crooked at little.

"Um y-your collar..." I said and my hand hesitantly rose to fix it.

His hands got placed on my hips like they did when I was fixing his bow tie back when we went to pick our wedding outfits.

He watched my face intently while I straightened his collar. My muscles were tensed under his touch and our close proximity was making my breathing slightly heavy.