5 The One He Loves

Scarlett

Justin let me sit in the window seat even though it was of no use since it was dark by now.

Justin sat down beside me once he arranged our luggage properly and soon the flight took off.

I was about to put my headphones on when Justin spoke up.

"Uh, I have to tell you something..." He said and looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"I uh....you know, since we are going to be in Paris for like two weeks and it would be just meaningless to spend time alone so I kinda....uh, I've invited a girl there. We're really close and so I thought that maybe she could join and I-I told her that you are my cousin sister and you happen to be coincidently vacationing there too..." He said.

Oh...a girl....and he's really close to her.

I should've known earlier, that's why he hates me so much.

But cousin sister? Seriously?

"Oh okay..." I nodded and looked away.

"But I've book two rooms side by side so you'll be in the room right next to ours" He said as if he was trying to show the better side. I just nodded in response.

"Uh, y-you can invite someone too, I mean, it would suck to be alone in the city of love...." He said.

"No, I'm good" I faked a small smile and shook my head.

"Oh okay..." He mumbled and looked away.

It's really going to suck being in the city of love alone but I don't have a choice do I?

"Her name is Selena....." He said and I looked at him.

"....the girl that I invited. We were in a relationship since I was sixteen for three....almost four years. She's my first love and only yet, but I made some mistakes and we separated so I'm just trying to spend a little time with her so that maybe in future we can get back together" He said and I was taken aback a little by his sudden heart-to-heart talking.

I never thought he must've ever fallen in 'love' with anyone but I'm really surprised.

"Oh, that's great" I gave him a genuine smile.

"Yeah..." He said and looked down at his hands.

"Did you never h-have someone?" He asked.

I shrugged and shook my head.

"Never met someone like that. I mean there was this guy in my college and we were really close and did some stuff together but it was never 'love'" I said and he nodded.

"I don't think I can ever find love..." I chuckled but he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why?" I shrugged my shoulders again.

"I just....I don't think I'm the type of girl someone would fall in 'love' with you know. I'm too ordinary...." I said and he just kept staring at my face blankly for like ten whole seconds and his eyes dropped to my lips before quickly looking back up.

He does that a lot...

"Is it bad to be ordinary?" He finally spoke.

"I don't know; I never felt special, so I consider being ordinary pretty bad" I said.

"Everybody is special Scarlett; it just needs the right person at the right time to show it to us. Maybe your right time isn't here yet, maybe god has better plans for you..." He said and a lump formed in my throat.