fourty-three ☼

"This is it huh?" Kihyun asked, looking at Minhyuk.

Everyone was down, knowing tomorrow would be the day that Minhyuk moved to Jeju to attend a college out there.

"Hey, don't be sad! It not like we're never gonna see each other again." Minhyuk chuckled, Jooheon playing with his napkin. "Well, since it'll be a long time, I'll pay for this meal."

"Why are you going out there? You even got accepted to a university in Seoul!" Kwaemi asked, sad.

She wasn't close to Minhyuk, but he did help her and called her his 'baby sister'. He was the dork that made everyone laugh.

"I'm trying to find my true self." Minhyuk grinned, "Sounds ridiculously, doesn't it?"

"Man, you can go to Jeju just to eat crabs and I would still support you." Hyungwon said honestly, and Minhyuk laughed.

The waiter and waitress gave each of them their respective food.

"Man, what are we gonna do? We just reunited too. Monsta X." Hoseok frowned, and Changkyun was on the verge of crying. Even though he never showed much emotions, Changkyun had a close friendship with Minhyuk.

"I'll come back as an adult, and I'll be mature. You guys won't even recognize me." Minhyuk grinned, "Stop being such downers everyone! I'm treating!"

"It won't be easy to have you gone! Who will I go to when I'm sad at two in the morning?" Changkyun said, standing up. "Excuse me. I need some air."

"You just told us out of nowhere." Kihyun said quietly, picking at his food.

Kwaemi blinked, trying not to cry. She even chanted in her mind 'Do not cry! Do not cry!' but she couldn't help the tears that prickled at the end of her eyes, slowly sliding down her cheek.

"We'll be waiting for you." Shownu said, his food already done.

Hoseok laughed at him, tears coming out. He wiped away his tears. "Aish! Why am I crying?! I'm not sad! I'm happy for you Minhyuk."

"See! Kwaemi crying spreads the crying disease!" Jooheon sobbed, hugging Minhyuk next to him.

"Do you think I can just leave like this? I want my last day with you guys to be happy so I can tell my new friends in Jeju all about it!" Minhyuk smiled, tears coming out too.

Kwaemi was hugging Hoseok, shaking her head. No one wanted to accept the fact, not even Minhyuk. They all were in denial. They couldn't do it.

"I don't want to leave in pain..!" Minhyuk cried, hugging Jooheon back.

Hyungwon even ate his food silently, tears coming out.

After thirty minutes, with his food cold, Changkyun came back in. His eyes and nose were red.

"Since we aren't in the mood to eat actual food, let's order dessert!" Minhyuk cheered, and Shownu nodded, calling over a waiter.

Being the appa he was, he asked to pack everyone's food and give them a dessert big enough for the nine of them.

"Do you really want to go?" Suhee asked suddenly, even making Kwaemi looking at her from her face being squished against Hoseok's chest from crying.

"Yeah." Minhyuk mumbled, and Suhee smiled sadly at him.

The food was packed up quietly, and after waiting for some time, a big brownie came out. The plate's outer rim was circled with fire, caramel gooing out of the brownies.

"It looks so good..." Hyungwon mumbled.

They all agreed. They dug it, savoring the last meal with Minhyuk until another four years in the future.

The dinner ended, everyone heading different ways.

Miu was going to get dropped off by Kihyun, Hoseok and Kwaemi would go to Hoseok's house to spend a night, Minhyuk walked with his arm around Changkyun's shoulder while teasing him, Shownu and Hyungwon was going to go to a late night gym, while Jooheon walked to his girlfriend's house.

After dropping off Suhee at her house, Kihyun was walking home, kicking a stone that was on the side walk.

He thought about Minhyuk, and his tears at the dinner. He wanted it to be happy, but it was all tears and questions. Kihyun didn't want Minhyuk's last night with them to be like that.

Kihyun connected a nine-way call.

Suhee: Kihyun, didn't you just drop me off?
Kwaemi: Oppa, you had too much dessert haha
Shownu: Yes Kihyun?
Hyungwon: Did you forget something in the restaurant?
Changkyun: Bruh
Hoseok: We just saw each other
Jooheon: I'm at Sojung's house make it quick!!
Kihyun: shh... There's a reason why I connected this call.

Minhyuk cleared his throat, finally speaking up. He was just about to make that nine-way call but Kihyun beat him to it.

Kihyun always beat him at everything. Video games, singing, dancing, grades...

"Everyone... Let's all be friends forever. No matter what happens to us, we will see each other four years in the future right?" Minhyuk asked through the phone, the line oddly silent.

Kwaemi: Yeah... I'll miss you Minhyuk!

Kwaemi was sobbing, Hoseok whispering in her ear, also in their phone's microphone.

Hoseok: Baby don't cry... It's okay...
Suhee: I wondered why you did this Kihyun...
Minhyuk: haha... Kihyun always beats me to stuff.

Changkyun was trying not to cry, putting a hand over his mouth, tears wouldn't stop coming out.

Shownu: Don't forget, we'll always be waiting for you Minhyuk.
Hyungwon: Yeah, even if you chose to ignore us, you'll have no way out. We'll bring Shownu appa to Jeju to beat you up too!
Jooheon: why did you have to make it harder..?
Minhyuk: My friends, don't cry. I'll be back!

Kihyun kicked the rock once more, but it went to the street. He closed his eyes.

Jooheon: I'm crying because of you Minhyuk! You just had to make me cry!
Minhyuk: It was actually Kihyun!
Kihyun: Yah. You better be back. Hyungwon already warned you if not.
Minhyuk: Arasso, arasso. Wait for me everyone?
Hoseok: Of course dumbass. So have a safe flight.

Minhyuk chuckled, looking out of the big windows in the airport.

Minhyuk: How did you know?
Shownu: You're our best friend.

"Flight 28M to Jeju."

Minhyuk: I'll miss you all. Thank you for everything.
Changkyun: Hyung... *cries* I'll miss you...
Kwaemi: Make it there safe Minhyuk.

"I will. Don't worry about me."

He ended the call, standing up. He smiled through teary eyes.