seventeen ☼

The Yoo siblings sat on their separate chairs, their heart beating fast from the nervousness. It was eight in the morning, the time that school was supposed to start.

Kihyun was on his phone, texting his five friends about today. They were all sending him positive messages, telling him that she will see.

But will Kwaemi really see?

Kihyun's phone vibrated from a message. From Wonho.

'I'm sorry.'

Kihyun deleted the message.

Kwaemi held Kihyun's hand in fear. She couldn't help but feel the jumble of emotions. Can she really do this, or will she back out?

But can Kwaemi really do it?

"Ms. Yoo Kwaemi." Dr. Kim came out of the sliding door, and the two siblings stood up. "We're ready."

Kwaemi hugged Kihyun, and he hugged back just as tight, probably even tighter. "Kwaemi, you're strong baby sister. Don't give up okay? I'll be out here the whole time."

Kwaemi nodded, and Kihyun kissed her forehead. "Kwaemi, fighting!"

"Fighting..." Kwaemi mumbled, and Kihyun handed his little sister to Dr. Kim.

"I swear, I will give Kwaemi back to you with her eyesight." Dr. Kim swore to Kihyun, and Kihyun nodded.

"Take care of my baby sister." Kihyun stated, and Dr. Kim gave him a curt nod.

"Kwaemi, are you ready to go?"

Kwaemi nodded, and Dr. Kim held her hand, guiding her into the sliding doors. Kihyun stared at Kwaemi's back, then collapsed on the ground, praying for nothing to go wrong.

• Two hours later

"Take her to the other ward! We're losing connection!" The doctors yelled, the sliding open. Kihyun stood up, but to be only greeted in horror.

"Nurses! Hurry!" Dr. Kim screamed, rushing past Kihyun.

"W-What happened to Kwaemi?!" Kihyun yelled, his eyes widened when he say a cloth over Kwaemi's face.

"Doctor! She breathing again!" The nurses screamed, but stopped in a rush, seeing Wonho step in front of them.

"Get out of the way!" Dr. Kim pushed him, but he held on to Kwaemi's hand. "Let me see her!"

"You dumbfuck! Let go!" Kihyun yelled at Wonho, tackling him down. Wonho's head hit the ground, and Kwaemi was transferred to another ward.

"Let me examine him." A nurse ran over, and Kihyun's breath hitched.

"Kwaemi can't be dead!" Wonho yelled out in pain, his fists clenching.

"Wonho, what do you mean..?" Kihyun mumbled, and Wonho turned to him.

"She's cold."

"Losing connection, meant losing her life?" Kihyun yelled, and Wonho looked down. The elevator opened, and Minhyuk ran in with Changkyun.

"Kihyun! How is it go-" Changkyun stopped, surprised. Kihyun began to tear up, until he started to sob.

"He promised!"

He took a harsh breath.

"Kwaemi? What happened to Kwaemi?!" Kihyun screamed at the nurse, shaking her. "What happened to Kwaemi?! What happened to my baby sister?!"

The nurse bit her lip, debating whether or not if she should answer.

"Her heart stopped beating."