twenty-three ☼

• The next day, after school

"We have to be there by 5:30." Hoseok told Kwaemi, sitting down on the couch, and turning on the TV.

"Alright, so Kihyun oppa is picking up the clothes?" Kwaemi clarified, and Hoseok nodded. "I'll be changing up stairs then. You're free to grab anything to eat or drink."

"Thanks." Hoseok smiled at her, and Kwaemi waved, going up the stairs. "I haven't been here in so long. It doesn't look any different..." Hoseok mumbled, looking around the house, but he noticed one portrait was taken down, and another was added.

The family portrait of the Yoo family was leaning against the wall, turned. The new picture was a candid photo of Monsta X.

Hoseok laughed, remembering the day.

He looked at the other frames, and smiled when he saw pictures of Kwaemi. He never noticed them, but the pictures on the wall were pretty.

There was a picture of a young Kwaemi, smiling brightly with cake all over her face. Kihyun was laughing at her, and a woman was there, smiling at the two. Hoseok guessed it was their mother, and probably their father who took the picture.

"I'm done!" Kwaemi sang, walking down the stairs. Hoseok smiled at her, and walked toward the staircase, holding Kwaemi's hand to guide her down. It was a habit that the both of them loved.

Kwaemi was wearing a cute dress with a white long sleeve as an undershirt. She had white converse on her feet, and a bracelet on her left wrist.

 She had white converse on her feet, and a bracelet on her left wrist

"Are you going to change?" She asked, and Hoseok shook his head. "I'll change before the performance, oh, what's behind your back?"

"It's a poster of Kihyun oppa's name. Suhee unnie helped me make it." Kwaemi said with a smile, and Hoseok nodded, a little jealous.

Yes. Jealous.

"Are you ready to go?" Hoseok asked, and Kwaemi nodded with a bright smile.

"Let me bring something to drink for Kihyun oppa and I first. Do you want anything?"

"Water is fine." Hoseok told her, and Kwaemi nodded, placing the poster on the ground, then ran to the kitchen. She grabbed Kihyun and herself iced tea, and Hoseok a bottle of water, then ran back.

"Let's go?" Hoseok smiled at her, grabbing the drinks from her small hands.

"Mhm!" Kwaemi grinned, taking her poster from the ground, and the walked out of her house. She locked the door, then they walked to where the performance was going to be held at.