thirty-four ☼

The dinner was silent. No one talked, only chopsticks hitting the plates to eat was heard. No one said anything.

"This is really good. What do you think Kwaemi?" Changkyun asked, trying to break the ice. Kwaemi shrugged.

Kihyun noticed something was wrong, Suhee was never quiet around him. Did something happen between her and Wonho?

"Suhee, what's wrong?" Kihyun asked. Suhee looked up at her boyfriend with determined eyes.

"Honestly, you two are stronger than this." Suhee said, breaking the silence. The Yoo siblings paused, then Kwaemi continued to eat. "I've known you two since I was only 13. You two have gone through way worst things than this, yet—"

Kwaemi slammed down her chopsticks and stared at Suhee with dumbfounded expression, her face twisting in hurt. Kihyun cleared his throat, drinking his coffee, and Kwaemi began to eat again, her mind blank.

Who the hell in their right mind wouldn't grieve over their own father's death?

Hoseok was trying to tell Suhee to shut the hell up, but it looks like she couldn't understand the tension.

"I'm sorry, but you need to get over it. People die everyday—"

Kwaemi stood up, "I'm done eating." She stated, walking away.

Changkyun looked at Suhee and Hoseok, rolling his eyes. "Kwaemi, wait up." He yelled, standing up and running off to see Kwaemi.

"Suhee, you are unbelievable." Kihyun shook his head, finishing his dinner.

"That's your girlfriend?" Wonho asked, with a duh-tone.

"Shut up." Suhee mumbled, "I'm just doing this for her own good."

"Have you ever realized that our dad died right in front of Kwaemi's eyes? I thought you were more rational than this Suhee." Kihyun sighed, "I know you're worried, but who wouldn't be depressed?"

After finishing their dinner, Suhee and Hoseok threw away their trash, talking to Kihyun for a little bit.

"We have to go, it's pretty late." Hoseok smiled, wanting to get out of the house as soon as possible.

Suhee nodded. "We can come over tomorrow?" She asked, and Kihyun shrugged.

"Do whatever you want." He mumbled, going to wash the dishes.

Suhee and Hoseok stared at him silently.

"We'll leave then. Call us if you need anything." Suhee told him, but Kihyun didn't reply back.

"It's okay to cry. Don't listen to Suhee noona." Changkyun told Kwaemi, "I would be really sad too if that happened to me! Just know that it isn't wrong to be sad, and if anything happens... I'm here for you." Changkyun hugged her, trying to comfort her. "It's okay, don't cry."

Kwaemi tried to push him away but he wouldn't budge, only hugging her tighter and whispering to her that she's okay and she did nothing wrong.

"Changkyun... Why are you always there for me?" Kwaemi cried out, accepting his comfort by hugging him back. She cried on his chest, screaming out of sadness.

"Because... I'm in love with you." He whispered.

"Huh? What did you say?" Kwaemi sniffed, pulling away. Changkyun shook his head, wiping away her tears.

Too bad Kwaemi didn't notice the blush on Changkyun's face or didn't realize that he was trying to confess his feelings.

"No matter what, I'll be your hero Kwaemi."