four ☼

The thing that Kwaemi hated the most, was the fact that she was always bored.

She couldn't do homework unless someome read it to her, she couldn't play outside, she couldn't play games on a computer, and there was many she couldn't do.

It was frustrating.

She laid on her bed, and sighed. She sometimes pondered why she blind, why she was even living.

• flashback

"Oppa!!" Seven year old Kwaemi screamed, Kihyun, who just turned 10, tried to run to her, but the fire but got bigger, and stronger.

"Mi! I..." Kihyun began to cry, trying to look for a way to get to Kwaemi. Kwaemi was still bawling, and ran to him, burning herself. Her eyes were wide open, unable to close.

"Kwaemi!" Kihyun screamed, taking her swelled hand, and running toward the door, but the fire spread. Kwaemi's legs gave out, and she collapsed on the floor. Kihyun picked her up on his back, and began to look around, frantic. "W-What do I do?!" Kihyun cried.

"Mi! Stay awake!" Kihyun yelled, "Mm, oppa..."

Kihyun sucked in a breath, and ran to the door, knocking it door, and laid on the grass for a few seconds, groaning from the pain. He remembered the fire, and ran away from his house, tripping a few times.

"Mi, are you up?!" Kihyun screamed, running down the hill, trying to find someone. He cursed that he lived on the top of the hill, being the only one who lived there. "Kwaemi! Answer me!" Kihyun cried, dropping to the ground.

Ambulance sirens came closer, and soon Kihyun was being taken away from his unconscious sister, with her eyes wide open.

"Kwaemi!!!"

Later...

"Hey, where are your mom and dad?" The doctor bent down, facing Kihyun, who couldn't stop crying.

"A-America..! What happened to Kwaemi?!"

The doctor sighed, unable to believe parents would leave their children alone, and go to another country without them.

"Kwaemi is alive." The doctor said, and Kihyun sobbed out, "But you're hurt... And Kwaemi can't see."

"H-How?!?"

"You got burns on your body little bud. Bad burns that they might be scars, but your sister, she has really bad burns on her arms and legs, and she can't walk on one foot. The fire got into her eye, and she can't see anymore."

"Kwaemi, ran into the fire... Her eyes wouldn't close!"

"That's why she can't see, she was too shocked, that she couldn't close them. I'm sorry, but Kihyun. You're sister might not be able to walk on her right leg, and she will be blind. She's in deep sleep, and might not be able to wake up."

"Kwaemi!!"

flashback end

"Kwaemi!" Kihyun shook the girl, and sat up, confused. "Kihyun oppa?" She asked, and he held her hand. "Yes, are you hungry?"

"No... I want to go outside oppa, can we?" Kwaemi begged, and Kihyun sighed. "We can't. It's windy, and might rain. We'll go tomorrow."

Kwaemi smiled, excited. "Promise?" She held out her pinky, and Kihyun interlocked their pinkies, stamping their thumbs. "I swear with my heart."

Kwaemi cheered, and Kihyun laughed at her.

"Let's go to the kitchen and make dinner together." Kihyun helped her stand up, and guided her to a chair in the kitchen. "What do you want baby sister?"

"Kimchi soup and rice! Please, I want an egg too!" Kwaemi begged, whining. Kihyun laughed, "Coming right up, my lady."

Kihyun quickly prepared the soup, taking a little more time because there was no more rice left. The two siblings talked about random things, and about Kwaemi's first day at school.

After he finished cooking, he placed Kwaemi's bowl in front of her, grabbing a chair, sitting next to her. "Soup on top, or rice in?" Kihyun asked.

"Rice in! Oppa, don't pop the egg yolk either!"

Kihyun placed the rice in, and tried to tuck in every grain, "Ah! I popped it!"

"I told you too!" Kwaemi complained, and Kihyun laughed. "Sorry, sorry. Open up." He blew on the steaming spoon full with rice and the soup, along with the egg.

Kwaemi opened her mouth, and Kihyun fed her.

"You have to eat a lot since you only had rice and vegetables for lunch."

"Yes~"

Kihyun's phone rang, catching Kwaemi and him off guard. Kwaemi's eyes twisted while Kihyun fished out his phone from his pants' pocket.

Na Suhee is calling you...

Kihyun's eyes brightened, "Guess who's calling me Mi?"

"Um... The school?" Kwaemi guessed hopefully. Kihyun poked her forehead with his two fingers with a laugh.

"Na Suhee."

"Oh! Oppa's girlfriend!" Kwaemi giggled with a delightful smile. "Go on oppa, I'll be fine without you."

Kihyun looked at the ringing phone to Kwaemi, who was smiling at him happily.

"It's okay to be selfish sometimes. I don't mind." Kwaemi encouraged him. Kihyun nodded, kissing her forehead and running upstairs to his room.

Kwaemi picked up the spoon with shaking and nervous hands, and tried to feed herself but she ended up spilling hot food on herself.

Kwaemi hated how she couldn't do the little things like eating or making food by herself.

She was useless.