twenty-eight ☼

"Kihyun, you got suspended for a week. Kwaemi? You got suspended for two days?" Their father asked, reading the school's letter. The two siblings nodded, and their father looked at Kihyun.

Kihyun had a busted lip and a bruise on his cheek. Kwaemi had bruises on her arms, and the two siblings avoided each other.

"Dinner's served!" Their mother's voice yelled.

"Let's eat then we will discuss it later." Their father said, standing up. The two siblings nodded with a bow. Their father walked into the kitchen, and Kihyun got up from the ground.

Kwaemi had a hard time since she was kneeling. Kihyun helped Kwaemi up, and she thanked him. "Did your legs fall asleep?"

Kwaemi nodded, and held Kihyun's hand. "Father is scary..."

"Yeah, just stay with me at all times okay? Kwaemi, let's talk later. For now let's try not to make father mad." Kihyun told her, and Kwaemi nodded.

The two siblings walked in the kitchen, taking their seats across each other.

"Son, daughter, how is school?" Their mother smiled kindly.

"Good, mother." Kihyun answered for Kwaemi and himself. "Kwaemi recently got surgery to see again."

"I know! That's splendid! Kwaemi, how do you like your eyes?" Their mother smiled.

Kwaemi smiled back, "It's great mom."

Kwaemi took a bite of the food, and almost spit it out. She remembered what Kihyun said, and she swallowed it down.

Kwaemi was used to Kihyun's cooking. Their mother's cooking tasted so bland compared to Kihyun's.

"Kihyun, have you decided on the wife?" Their father asked, taking a drink of his tea.

Kihyun forced a smiled, "Father, I'm not interested in those sort of things. I would like to focus on school first."

"Son, I took over your grandfather's company when I was only seventeen and your mother was fifteen." Their father said, looking at Kihyun. "I was the top student too."

Kwaemi was about to say something to defend Kihyun, but he looked at her, his eyes telling her not to.

"That's great father. Please give me more time please." Kihyun forced another smile. Their father began to cough, and their mother got up, helping their father up.

"Kids, eat up. I need to take care of your father."

Their parents left, and Kwaemi spit out the food. Kihyun laughed at her, and patted her head.

"Let's toss it." He whispered, checking to see if their mother was there. He saw she went to their room with their father, and he motioned Kwaemi over.

He dropped the soup down the drain, and then tossed the rest of their food in a garbage bag, then placed many napkin's over it. Kihyun splashed some water over the napkins, then Kwaemi and him washed their hands.

"Oppa's an expert." Kwaemi giggled, and Kihyun laughed.

"It's called experience. Let's talk in my room?"

Kwaemi nodded, and the two siblings climbed up the stairs. They heard their dad coughing and their mom trying to comfort him.

The two sat on Kihyun's floor across each other.

"Where should we start?" Kihyun laughed, and Kwaemi shrugged.

"Actually oppa, I'm not mad at you. I was, but I'm not anymore. I tried to understand from your view..."

"I'm sorry for hitting you. I didn't mean to push you away... It's just that Wonho was staring while you were getting pushed to the ground."

She nodded, "I don't want us to not talk because of that. I'm fine dropping it and moving on once we talk to everyone about it."

"Yeah, you should talk to Wonho too. I'll apologize to him when him and I are alone." Kihyun said, and Kwaemi nodded, grabbing his phone.

"We need to get you a phone." Kihyun laughed, and Kwaemi nodded. "Sorry for always using yours..."

"Aniya, it's fine. Don't worry about it. I'll change in the bathroom." Kihyun told her, grabbing a change of clothes in his closet. Kwaemi nodded, dialling Hoseok's number.

"Yoboseyo?" Hoseok asked, and Kwaemi smiled. "Hoseok, it's me."

Hoseok sat up, a smile on his phone. "Hey, did something happen?"

"No, but can we see each other?" Kwaemi asked, and Hoseok blushed. His mind thought of everything, would she apologize or confess her feelings?

"Y-Yeah! I'll come by your house and we can go somewhere." He stuttered, and Kwaemi nodded.

"Arasso. Come quickly."

"Okay, see you soon." Hoseok said, hanging uo. Kihyun came out of the bathroom, and Kwaemi stood up, handing him his phone.

"He's gonna pick you up?"

Kwaemi nodded, "Do we tell mom and dad?"

"No, I'll help you sneak out." Kihyun said, and Kwaemi nodded. "Follow me."