twenty-two ☼

"So... You're interested in Kwaemi?" Kihyun asked Hoseok.

They were in a group for a class assignment, along with Suhee. It turns out that she was in the same classes as Kihyun and Hoseok, except for one classes which was Korean since she had gotten a little rusty after speaking Japanese for some time.

Hoseok looked up, his ears getting red.

"Y...yeah." He said, and looked back down, highlighting his paper. Suhee and Kihyun met eyes, and they both cracked a small smile at each other. Their hands were laced together tightly.

"I see... Well, take care of her." Kihyun said, not daring to look up for his paper. Hoseok looked at Kihyun with a smile.

"Monsta X is back." Hoseok thought, remembering how Minhyuk was jumping from joy when he told the seven of them.

• two hours ago

"We're back! The seven of us, we're Monsta X again!" Minhyuk jumped with joy. Their fans were screaming, while some cried from joy.

"Welcome back." Shownu smiled. Hoseok and him two did their handshake and bro hug.

"Hyung, we missed you." Changkyun said, and Jooheon did his aegyo to his fans.

"Monsta X! Monsta X!" The girls cheered, even some male fans clapped.

"Let's do a performance?" Hyungwon smiled, and Kihyun nodded. "Let's do our first one." Kihyun smiled.

"Trespass." The seven of them grinned, "Let's go, tomorrow after school?" Jooheon asked, and the seven nodded.

"Let's practice after school ends. No one better be late, you guys know the usual right?" Shownu looked at the six of them. They all nodded.

"Can I bring Kwaemi?" Hoseok and Kihyun asked at the same time. They looked at each other, and laughed.

"Of course, Kihyun can though. Wonho, you better not be late." Shownu said, and the two of them nodded.

Suhee sighed, "My first day back and this happens?" She gave an exasperated laugh.

"Hey Suhee, aka manager." Minhyuk teased, making Suhee smack his shoulder.

"I was basically manager because you seven sucked at getting venues." She defended herself, hugging Kihyun's arm. The two exchanged a chaste kiss, making Hyungwon gag.

• end

"Wonho, do you're work instead of smiling." The teacher sighed, and Kihyun held in his laugh.

"Yes, ssaem..." Hoseok mumbled, and his eyes bulged when he saw he basically highlighted his entire paper.

"Dumbass." Kihyun teased, and Hoseok groaned, "When did I even..."

"Here, I have an extra." Suhee placed the extra assignment on his paper. "Thanks Suhee. You're a lifesaver." Hoseok smiled, and she laughed.

• later, after school

"Kwaemi, mian. I can't take you to the ice cream parlor today." Kihyun apologized, and Kwaemi shook her head. "It's fine. I don't mind, honestly." She said, and Kihyun nodded in relief.

"So you guys will be doing a performance for your fans tomorrow?" Kwaemi clarified, following Kihyun. "Yeah, you can watch us perform. I hope I didn't forget the steps.."

"You'll do fine." Kwaemi told him, "Even if you did, it's okay to forget. I'm sure they won't get mad."

"I hope." Kihyun smiled, and the two walked into a building. They entered in, and took the elevator. Kwaemi looked around, observing the buttons.

"What a dumb girl..." A guy on the elevator whispered, but Kihyun heard it. Kihyun turned around, and looked at the tall guy.

"Excuse me?"

"The girl's acting like a child." The guy rolled his eyes, and Kihyun glared at him. "Oppa, it's okay..." Kwaemi told Kihyun, trying to pull him back by tugging on the bottom of his school blazer.

"You know what? This girl that you called dumb and said she acted like a child, has just gotten her eyesight back. She's been blind since she was seven year old, and recently did surgery to see again! So instead of judging someone, I would keep things to myself unless it's something nice."

"Oh... I'm sorry." The guy bowed, and Kwaemi smiled at him. "It's fine... Sorry about my brother."

The elevator door opened, and Kihyun took Kwaemi's hand. "Let's go."

Kwaemi followed Kihyun to a room, music was blasting and the beat was nice. She recognized Kihyun's voice, and knew it was one of Monsta X's songs.

Kihyun opened the door, and the six boys were practicing. Kwaemi waved at he boys, following Kihyun to the corner, where there was a couch.

"There's drinks in the fridge still?" Kihyun asked Shownu, who paused the music. "Yeah. There's some pudding too."

"Just get whatever you want." Hoseok told Kwaemi, and nodded and smiled at him. Minhyuk squealed, jumping on Hoseok, and knocking him down.

Kwaemi ran over, "Are you two okay?!"

"Just ignore them. Minhyuk hyung is always like that." Changkyun laughed, and Kwaemi nodded. "Oh, I finished my portion for the project. I'll have Kihyun oppa sent you the notes for the powerpoint."

"Nice. I can make the powerpoint tonight and during class we can edit it." Changkyun said, and the two high-fived.

"Kihyun, you ready?" Shownu asked Kihyun, who was changing in a small makeshift changing room, that the boys made out of cardboard boxes.

"Yeah, give me a sec."

"Let's take a small break then." Shownu said, and the boys ran to get their water in the fridge. Kihyun came out from the makeshift changing room, and  wore a hoodie along with sweats and worn out shoes.

"Sit down." Jooheon told Kwaemi, pointing to the couch. Kwaemi nodded, and sat, looking around the room.

"How was school?" Hoseok asked, sitting in front of Kwaemi. "Here, sit down." Kwaemi moved over, and Hoseok shook his head.

"I'm all sweaty."

"It's fine." She smiled, and he shook his head again.

"Okay, break time over." Shownu clapped his hands. Hoseok closed his water bottle, and waved at Kwaemi.

The seven of them got in formation, and Shownu started the music.