seven ☼

"Kwaemi, welcome back!" Dr. Seokjin or Dr. Kim smiled joyfully, helping Kwaemi sit down comfortably on the chair. Kihyun was standing by the door, watching closely.

"Give me wide eyes please." Dr. Kim said kindly, and Kwaemi opened her eyes, bulging them. Kihyun and Dr. Kim laughed. "I'll be looking at your eyes with a flashlight, alright? I'll let you know when it's done."

"Okay." Kwaemi smiled at him, and Dr. Kim turned on his flashlight. He pointed it, the light shining on Kwaemi's eyes. He inspected her eyes, moving closer to take a better look at the pupils. "Dr. Kim! I can see something bright! It looks yellow!"

"Is that so?" Dr. Kim asked excited, "I'll be doing the next eye." He told Kwaemi, and looked into her eyes. "Do you see the light again Kwaemi?"

"A little, but it's dimmer." Kwaemi mumbled, disappointed. Dr. Kim moved his flashlight left to right, the eye not following him. "It's fine, these are good results. No– spectacular results."

He pulled back, and turned off his flashlight. "I am finished with the test. The results came back three days ago."

Dr. Kim motioned for Kihyun to come closer.

"Yoo Kwaemi, Yoo Kihyun. I have good news to tell you." Dr. Kim smiled, "Kwaemi might be able to see again."

Kihyun began to tear up, and Kwaemi broke out in a bright smile.

"It seems like the medication are doing what they're supposed to, and Kwaemi can now see a yellow light. That is the flashlight. Though on her right eye, it isn't as prompt, but that's normal."

"D-Doctor... How?!" Kihyun asked, not knowing what to say. He was speechless.

"Well, after taking X-rays of her eyes, we did not find a donor. But we found something interesting. It seems like there's sort of like a film covering her eyes. It would be like being in a well light room, but putting a thick blanket over you. Well, if we do surgery, we can remove that film, and laser Kwaemi's eyes, giving back her eyesight."

"Really?!" Kwaemi shouted, and Dr. Kim chuckled at her. "Yes... But the bad news is that there's a 50/50 chance. She can either fix her eyesight, or be unable to ever fix her eyes forever."

Kihyun and Kwaemi went silent at the statement.

"I will give you two time to think about it." Dr. Kim smiled, handing Kihyun a packet. "Here's most of the information. Call me if you need anything or have any questions."

Dr. Kim bowed, and walked out of the door.

"Oppa, can we please do the surgery?" Kwaemi asked quietly after a long silence. Kihyun looked at her, and laid back into a chair.

He covered his face with his head. Kwaemi heard sniffling. She knew her older brother was crying.

Kihyun wasn't the one to usually shed tears in front of anyone or to show his vulnerability. Kwaemi knew it was something huge to process and she understood why Kihyun would react this way.

She placed her feet on the ground, walked over to him slowly, feeling everything, until she touched Kihyun's warm arm.

"Don't cry..." Kwaemi told him softly, and Kihyun hugged her, sobbing. "Oppa, don't cry... Why are you crying?"

"If it doesn't work, then you won't be able to fix your eyes ever again!" Kihyun cried, and Kwaemi smiled, patting his back in attempt to comfort him.

"My world is black. I can't see anything, do anything, or help anyone. But, we have to think positive. We have to pray that the surgery will work. I would rather try to see colors, than see black. And even if it doesn't work, then we can't help it, and I'll be okay. My world is already dark, and I'm fine if it's dark forever."