thirty-nine ☼

"Omo, that shirt is really cute." Kwaemi told Hoseok, who nodded his head while licking his ice cream.

They were on date, or what Kwaemi and Hoseok considered one.

They went to an ice cream parlor, and was going to sit and talk, but Kwaemi suggested walking around town was more interesting.

So there they were, in a warm Spring day, walking around in the street of Seoul. They were window shopping, holding hands, licking their ice creams. The atmosphere was a comfortable one.

Kwaemi got a vanilla ice cream with twix and caramel mix in it while Hoseok opted out for a strawberry ice cream.

"Hoseok! Look! It's Jooheon... And a girl!" Kwaemi pointed their interlaced hands in the direction.

Hoseok looked, and laughed evilly. "Oh... I thought Jooheon said love was too complicated?"

The girl and Jooheon had microphones in their hands, Hoseok guessing they were rapping since that was what both was known for. Kwaemi watched, like it was a TV program.

"I think they look good together." Hoseok turned to Kwaemi, who nodded, smiling. "Jooheon looks like he's having a lot if fun."

"Let's leave them alone so they don't see us." Hoseok grinned, "I'm so going to tease Jooheon about it tomorrow!"

They passed by a gift shop, Kwaemi seeing balloons, cards, teddy bears, you name it about graduation.

Kihyun, Suhee, Minhyuk, Shownu, and Hoseok would be graduating in... TWO WEEKS! Kwaemi's jaw dropped, realizing it. Time passed by so quick!

"Hoseok, what college do you plan on going to?" Kwaemi asked, and he turned around. "Why so sudden?" He chuckled, "I'm just going to attend a university in Seoul. I won't move out."

Kwaemi nodded, taking another lick of her ice cream. Would anyone be moving out of Seoul? Maybe Minhyuk or Shownu? Or even Kihyun?

"You'll be going to my graduation right?" Hoseok asked, and she nodded. "Of course. I'm going for Kihyun oppa too."

"My mom and little sister will be there." He gave her a pointed look, and Kwaemi's jaw dropped. "You have a little sister?!"

He nodded with a laugh, "She's in middle school right now."

"How did I not know..." Kwaemi frowned, and Hoseok smiled at her. "It's fine, don't worry about it. I think only Kihyun has met her because she has a big crush on him."

Kwaemi chuckled, "What's her name? I bet she's really pretty."

"No she's ugly." Hoseok teased, "Her name's Wonbin, but she hates the name. So she tells us to call her Binnie."

"What? I think the name is cute." Kwaemi smiled, and Hoseok bent down, taking a lick of her ice cream. "Yah! You have your own!"

"Hey, I paid!" Hoseok defended himself, holding his ice cream in front of Kwaemi. She took a lick, and he pinched her nose. "We're even now! Ooh, wanna go to the mall?"

"Can we go to the Hello Kitty store?" She asked innocently, and he nodded, pressing his nose to her cheek with a grin. "Of course."

They walked into the mall, and made a beeline to the bathrooms to wash their hands from the stickiness. When in there, Kwaemi saw someone she hasn't seen in forever.

"Son Naeun..." She said, looking in the mirror with her eyes wide.

Naeun's hair was now cut short to her chin, and she had a tired look in her face.

"Oh, Yoo Kwaemi?" She smiled, and Kwaemi nodded. "I see you've gotten your eyesight back... How are you?"

"I'm great. How are you doing?" She asked, and Naeun smiled, grabbing a paper towel. "I'm doing fine. I'm just visiting Korea my last time."

"What do you mean by 'last time'? Are you going somewhere?" Kwaemi asked, looking at Naeun who nodded.

"I'm dying. I told Hoseok." She laughed, "It's a surprise to see you here Kwaemi. I have to go though."

Kwaemi grabbed her hand, "You have to live! No matter what!" She begged, and Naeun looked at her.

She sighed, not believing what Kwaemi said. After all she's done to Hoseok, Kwaemi was telling her not to die.

It was funny, Naeun talked about Kwaemi, yet she was treating Naeun with care, worrying about her. Just how nice was Kwaemi?

"I'm sorry but that isn't possible." Naeun said emotionlessly, "I'm fated to die. But I'm glad I got to see you one last time. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you and Wonho. I really am."

She pulled back her hand, and waved at Kwaemi, walking out of the bathroom.

Wonho looked up, surprised to see Naeun, but nodded at her, standing up, and walking over to Kwaemi, who looked at Naeun sadly.

"Why are you so sad for? Let's go wherever you want." Hoseok said, kissing her cheek. Kwaemi nodded, holding his hand and pulling him to the Hello Kitty store.

I'm fated to die.

Why did people around Kwaemi always get hurt? She didn't like what Naeun did to Hoseok, but was that karma?

Her worries washed away when Hoseok gawked at a humongous Hello Kitty plushy.

"Jagiya, look! It's almost as big as you!" Hoseok yelled, and Kwaemi giggled at him, hugging the plushy and her boyfriend. "It's so soft!"

"I know! Ooh, there's a bunny one too!" Kwaemi reached up to grab it, but was too short. She tried to jump up, bur failed.

"This is why you ask your amazingly, strong, and tall boyfriend for help." Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows, helping his girlfriend who grabbed the plushy, and hugged it tightly.